MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/13/2010 06:50 AM

Ghost Town(page 5)

Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

Everyone, so sorry to be away for almost a week without at least letting you know why. As most of you know I have bipolar disorder. If you don't know what that is look it up. Its a very interesting illness. Anyway its basically an illness with two "poles" hence bi-polar both extreme. One pole is mania and the other is depression. I am currently very depressed over a huge life event that I can't control. I have been very preoccupied. So sorry I didn't come by and tell you earlier. Its just being a good group leader doesn't come easy when you feel like your life is in the toilet. I will try harder.

04/13/2010 06:51 AM
BrandiJo

this is an idea of my "daily menu"

Breakfast- 2 slices of toast (pepperridge farm 100% wheat VERY THIN) with a VERY SMALL amount of reduced fat peanut butter and a bananna

drink a full bottle of 20oz water

Morning snack- raw baby carrots, or 1 hard boiled egg white, or raw celery with low fat cream cheese

drink a full bottle of 20oz water

Lunch- salad (add cann tuna fish)or (add chicken breast) drink diet coke

Mid day snack- 100calorie pack of natural almonds

drink a full 20 oz bottle of water

Dinner- turkey burger with steamed veggies, or chicken breast with steamed veggies, or salad, (HEALTHY AND LOW CARCool diet coke

04/13/2010 08:19 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Sadmom I always hated exercising, my daughter and bf were always trying to get me to do them. Well now doing about an hour a day, at least 4-5 days a week. I have satelite tv and watch station called Fit TV, don't know if you get that, but there is one guy Gilad, I fell in love w/ and do exercises w/ him, I have a hard time w/ aerobics or if it involves standing on one foot. I am getting better because now when I go to Shop Rite I don't get stuck on the bottom shelf, before I couldn't get up, now no problem. He does weights which I like, stretching, working on ab muscles and thigh muscle, I still lose my balance on some of the moves but my muscles are getting stronger. I still don't like aerobics, I can never keep up, so he only does then for 1 segment so I usually just march in place or do other stretching exercising. Finally I like to exercise w/ Gilad, my bf gets the station and he does it at home and then we compare movements.I lost 6 lbs but seem stuck there, for the past 3 weeks, went down 1/4 inch in waist,

Now eating is another problem because of the pancreatitis, my body does not digest veggies and other foods, so I drink that V8 Fusion, that has veggies in it, I do eat alot of salmon, and fish but then also eat alot of hot cereals w/ oats and bran and all kinds of grains, Some fruits I can't digest like blueberries so I buy fresh blueberries and blend them w/ yogurt and make a smoothie.

Any more advice on eating or exercise. I am on antidepressants, prozac but going to ask him to switch me to zoloft, did you hear anything about that, the prozac is not helping since the dr changed my meds.

Post edited by: anamore, at: 04/13/2010 08:34 AM

04/13/2010 08:42 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

BrandiJo Sounds like a good daily menu but I can't eat more than twice a day, get nauseous, it would have worked before the pancreatitis, I went to dr and food nutitionist but they give me a menu for a healthy pancreas which I don't have. One dr. said don't eat anything that is white. I do eat alot of fish, chichen and turkey,With your plan I think I can handle breakfast, almond snack and dinner. I also like walnuts. So maybe I will try something like that and have your lunch as a dinner, Thanks for the suggestion, I use to be size 7 now went up to 14-16 which is gross.

04/13/2010 08:49 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yvonne sorry you are feeling depressed, I really hate that feeling, do as much as you can, don't push yourself too hard, plus it is hard to give good advice when you feel depressed. We are here, hoping you will feel better soon and we can have our Yvonne back with us. We are here if you need help.

Do you eve get the mania effect, its hard to image you as manic. Keep in touch and keep us updated, we miss you

04/13/2010 09:01 AM
Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

everyone,

I too am beginning a new life change with my eating. Not a diet but a new way of eating. I need to get off the sugar mainly and also all the prepared foods and junk too. My menu looks like this:

breakfast- a double serving of rough whole oatmeal with small amount of skim milk or 1 1/4 cup shredded wheat. I am only eating whole grain cereal and these are the only two I have found that are a pure whole grain.

lunch- one cup of plain yogurt with blueberries. I use frozen as they are cheaper and almost as good as fresh. Or a turkey and cheese roll up with some kind of raw veggie such as carrots, celery, broccoli etc. Honestly its usually carrots as they are so cheap but I do treat myself sometimes.

supper- whole grain dish such as one cup of bulgar wheat with veggies added, wild or brown rice and quinoa. One small portion of fish, chicken or beef although I have cut way back on beef usually reserve it for a weekend cheeseburger.

I don't drink water as my doctor said any beverage without caffiene is just as good. I like decaf coffee and decaf iced tea. Also since my husband works for Pepsi I drink lots of diet decaf Pepsi. I also use light cream in my coffee as I just can't give it up. I feed the whole family the same way. We used to eat so much junk and stuff like hamburger helper, prepared instant potatoes and lots of pasta. I want to only eat whole foods with no fillers or additives. I am currently looking for ideas on how to jazz up my many kinds of grains for my suppers. Any ideas?

Good luck to everyone on their plans. Oh and exercise, forget it although I do walk my dog alot.

04/13/2010 09:15 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

It seems that people are busy w/ taxes, enjoying the weather, cleaning up after winter, So our family and friends are still out there just enjoying another part of their life. I have done a little gardening myself but not too much its still to cold here. Just cleaning up the leaves, Well I hope everyone is enjoying doing their spring cleaning, isn't that what it is called, it also helps with depression and anxiety.

04/13/2010 09:24 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I use to be like you Yvonne when it came to exerciise, but walking your dog is great.

What is rough whole oatmeal, is that the one that cooks for like 5 min, not those 1 min oatmeals. Also what is bulgar wheat. Trying to add more grain to diet, found some that are not too bad. My bf gets me hot cereal cream of buckwheat, so its not as bad as regular buckwheat. Sorry some people might like the taste.

04/13/2010 09:41 AM
Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

Hi Ana, thanks for your post. Since I have been med compliant I don't get so much mania. I get symptoms such as hearing voices or don't sleep etc but mostly I get depression. When I was younger I was manic almost all the time, now mostly get depressed. You would know if I was manic if I started posting like crazy. Thats one thing I always do when I am manic. Also I think I know more than everyone which often gets me in trouble with family and friends so if I do either of these things on the forum please be gentle with me as I don't mean to do them.

04/13/2010 10:20 AM
BrandiJo

Ana, we are soo much alike its funny... i too was a size 5-7 and got up to a size 18! i felt soo gross and nasty. right now i am a 16 but my jeans are falling off of me. havent tried on my 13s yet.. cant wait to be a 7 again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 5 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved