MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/28/2012 05:02 AM

Thomas Recipe

anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

A member mentioned using the Thomas Recipe to withdrawal from opiates, I never heard of it so googled it. I don't know if it works, Has anyone tried this and had success, I would like to hear your story. How did you find out about this? Does it really help?

I am not recommending this, I don't know anything about this, just for FYI.

The Withdrawal-Ease Opiate Withdrawal Natural Supplement System® is the only natural supplement that has been specifically engineered for opiate (pain killer) withdrawal symptoms. It is a proprietary blend of 16 amino acids, vitamins and herbs that if bought separately would cost over $300 for a month's supply! The System includes one month's supply of two custom formulations: A Day Time Formulation and a Night Time Formulation.

Most Withdrawal-Ease customers have reported a significant decrease in the intensity and duration of their withdrawal symptoms after taking the system and following our suggestions in the Free Survival Guide.

The Benefits:

Designed Specifically for Opiate Withdrawal and Detox: The only nutraceutical formulation specifically engineered for opiate pain-killer withdrawals.

•Affordable:Much less expensive than costly pharmaceutical, rehab and inpatient detox options. ◦Average cost of 30 in-patient rehab = $30,000

◦Average cost of hospital in-patient detox = $5,000

◦Average monthly cost of Suboxone = $300 (w/insurance!) $1,200 (without insurance)

•A Powerful Detox and Liver Recovery Therapy: Contains essential amino acids, herbs and vitamins to help cleanse the body of toxins and restore proper liver function.

•It's Easy: Can be done in the comfort and privacy of your home.

•All Natural: Formulated using the highest quality natural and certified organic ingredients.

•Highest Quality: Manufactured by a GMP approved facility that employs FDA certified manufacturing and quality control procedures.

The Daytime Formulation Is Designed For:

•Depression

•Lack of energy

•Shakiness

•Anxiety

•Pain (Muscle aches and pains)

•Flu-like symptoms

•Gastrointestinal issues such as nausea and diarrhea

•Loss of appetite

The Evening Formulation Is Designed For:

Insomnia

Anxiety

Restless leg syndrome

Gastrointestinal issues

04/01/2012 05:25 PM
cmartini

I've been using the Thomas Recipe for 6 days..only thing I did different is not use the benzos for the first 4 days bc I'm not keen on replacing one drug for another...i also added Valerian Root at night for sleep, GABA during the day and a potassium supplement. This recipe helped me tremendously

04/02/2012 05:59 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

cmartini, how are you feeling, I know I use to take valerian root, still do it get anxiety attacks, its amazing how herbs can help you. Did you get the vitamin bottle from the thomas recipe or are you using just some herbs from it. What are you taking, would like to know more about the thomas recipe.

You are doing great, stay strong, baby steps, we are all praying for you.

04/07/2012 01:42 PM
cmartini

I used everything from the Thomas recipe except the benzos....The Valerian Root and GABA were not in the recipe I added those on my own to help with the wds.

I can say I feel great...I have continued taking the herbs and vitamins because they do seem to make a difference and the urges are still there but are not strong as they used to be. I try to keep myself busy to keep my mind occupied. 12 days and counting!

04/16/2012 09:07 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I googled it and found this info, there is alot of info out there about this method. I would like to hear from any members that have tried it and how it worked. I know when I was detoxing my dr gave me meds for nausea, insomnia, vomiting, depression, anxiety, The only thing that drove me crazy was the restless leg syndrome, nothing seemed to help that. But using the vitamins and herbs is great, you need to clean out your system

"PLEASE NOTE: I am not a doctor, simply a long-time Rx opiate junkie who has had many opportunities to develop a way to detox. This is a recipe for at-home self-detox from opiates based on my experience as well as that of many other addicts. It is not intended as professional medical advice. It is always wise to make sure none of the recipe ingredients or procedures conflict with medications you may be taking. Likewise, if you have any medical condition, disease, allergy or any other health issue, consult your doctor before using the recipe. Thanks, Thomas

THOMAS RECIPE

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement).

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it.

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.

Thomas"

Thomas Detox Recipe

5 to 7 days away from your job or household responsibilities during which you can sleep, veg and act as miserable as you feel. Opiate WD mimics the symptoms of the common flu, so, if you need a smokescreen, hide behind a bad case of the flu.

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll nee

1.Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store). [generic brand anti-diarrheal is fine. Don't take it unless really uncomfortable]

2.L-Tyrosine* (500 mg caps) from the health food store.* [See Warning]

3.Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper and Magnesium.

4.Vitamin B6 caps. [or stress B-complex?]

5.Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available). [many gyms offer free trials]

Last edite

5.Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available). [many gyms offer free trials]

How to use the recipe

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate W/D symptom. [I like Epsom salts in the tub. Forces Magnesium into the muscles]

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. DON'T TAKE IT, however, if you don't need it.[Diarrhea is the bodies way to aid in the detox so take Immodium or generic for the comfort factor, if needed]

Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine*. Try 2000 mg, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mg. Take the L-Tyrosine* with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine* will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine* can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate W/D, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine* is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help. [*Read the Warning first! *L-Tyrosine* is great. *SamE 400* mg works for mood too]

With breakfast, take the mineral supplement.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better. [Walking gets the blood and lymph systems working, helping you detox better.]

PLEASE NOTE: If you have any medical complications, first check with your doctor before detoxing to verify that this regimen is safe for you. [Very important note]

[WARNING If you are on anti-Depressants, use medical supervision on L-Tyrosine, SamE and all mood enhancers. There can be a risk if taking L-Tyrosine, 5 HTP if you are on a tricyclic or a MAIO antidepressant's ...It can cause a spike in blood pressure.]

d by ddcmod; 05-02-2010 at 04:21 PM.

Post edited by: anamore, at: 04/16/2012 09:12 AM

04/16/2012 11:45 AM
jenny1978
jenny1978  
VIP Member

I noticed at the beginning that it was telling different prices of rehab and detox and all that. Well, it said that Suboxone was $300 with insurance!!! Good grief, I would not be able to be on it if it cost that much. With my insurance it is generally $60. However, for the past 5 months they had a coupon and it was only $15, but starting this month, it goes back up to $60!

01/18/2013 03:18 PM
mfranco74

January 18, 2013

Klonopin - prescribed for anxiety free or what insurance requires you to pay.

Xanax – prescribed for anxiety free or what insurance requires you to pay.

Water- To keep hydrated. Lots of it and any kind, free is what I used.

Sleep- as much as you can or need to.

Food- As much as you need or can consume. Cost varies but soups are encouraged. I already had Top Ramen soup so it was no cost to me. Ramen soups are 5 for a dollar at most places.

Sweets for snacks - due to one craves sweets during detox (Reese's PB cups minis $2.78, Reese's pieces $2.78, Hershey chocolate minis $2.78) total cost $8.34

Hot baths/ showers or Jacuzzi- for aches and pains, most of times free.

Imodium- generic or name brand over the counter at the supermarket for the runs. I used the fluid but you can also purchase pill form and I also used a generic brand (Equate) that has same ingredient. 4 fluid ounce bottle at Wal-Mart cost me $2.78

L-Tyrosine – 500 mg / 100 capsules at Vitamin World for Energy and mental well-being, $13.07 out the door.

Super B- Complex – I used Nature Made 140 count Tablets (contains B- 12, B-6, vitamin C and a few more ingredients) for energy. Cost me at Wal-Mart $6.94.

Multi- Vitamin- Brand is Nature Made Multi -Complete with Iron and calcium 60 count liquid soft Gels. For nutrients the body needs to be healthy. Cost at Wal-Mart is $6.94

Potassium Gluconate- (most times not found in the Multi- Vitamin) Spring Valley brand 100 caplets at Wall- Mart cost me $2.78

Valerian Root- To help aid in the promotion of sleep. The brand I used is Spring Valley Natural 100 capsules. At Wal-Mart cost me $3.94

Sleepytime Extra Tea- Made by Celestial to promote sleep and relaxation. Contains Valerian 25mg, Chamomile 600mg, and Tilia Estrella 160mg. Cost at Wal-Mart is $3.18 for a box of 20 count tea bag.

Total cost I paid for all ingredients for Thomas recipe to detox is $ 47.97 this does not include some tax so probably closer to a total of $50.00 all together and a lot of patients and time.

01/18/2013 05:01 PM
mem7418

WOW....Talk about learning something new....I have never heard of this before.

Guess I did not know as much as I thought. It would be great if we could somehow monitor someone actually using this and they could post each day(if they can...lol) and let folks know how it is working.

Great!

01/30/2013 01:28 AM
Pureonyx

Post edited by: Pureonyx, at: 01/30/2013 04:18 PM

01/30/2013 06:36 AM
mem7418

A " Functioning Opiate user"......I have heard of them before ...But the ones I knew are now dead....Was it from the opiates?....I do not know...

All I know for sure is that is what they were using when they died,along with cocaine .

Obviously you have a drug problem for whatever reasons that you use them, you have other "Issues" as well . You mentioned that they make you feel more social..Less shy...

These are all reasons that you should seek out some professional advice as well as start hitting some C/A or N/A meetings ASAP!

Once again I hear from someone (you) a way of negotiating there usage....On one week/Off another....Suboxone usage....

Do you have a script for these Opiates? For the Suboxone? If you do not.... Where are you getting them?...From a friend?

Everything you have written indicates that you are a full blown addict.....And that you are willing to "Control" your usage because they make you feel good/focused ...Whatever.You may or may not admit this...But you are in denial....

Reach out and get some help.....Find support in a 12-Step program and for God's sake get some professional help as in counseling..etc.

This road that you are on leads to nowhere but trouble...How do I know?

Because I spent 22 plus years on that road....It almost took my life.....Change directions now and get on a different road.

The road to Recovery is always a good choice......My prayers of Strength and Hope are with you .

You will find much support here at MDJ....I hope you reach out and look for it .

Please feel free to contact me via PM at any time.

Hope Faith and Courage baby......Hope Faith and Courage...Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved