MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/26/2009 06:20 PM

Introducing Myself!

cottoncandycane
cottoncandycane  

Hi All-

I am Candi a 38 yr old in Phoenix, AZ. I am disabled with a whole list of illnesses and such but do pretty good for someone in my conditions. I have Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Bi Polar undefined means my depression is more of a concern and don't have too high ephoric stuff, agoraphobia and Paniac and Anxiety, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, sleep apnea ok that's the main ones.

I live with my fiancee, my two dogs Niki a small lab mix and Buster Brown a bagel (bassett and beagle), Ru our kitty (tuxedo)and Lita my 9 yr. old Bearded Dragon. Also have another dog Poopsie (110 lb. rotten rotty mix)which I share custody of with my ex. Get them all in my 2 bedroom apartment and you have fun havoc on your hands. Don't have much family left and only a few friends. But am meeting nice ones here and am feeling welcomed.

08/27/2009 06:04 AM
babies1
babies1  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

cottoncandycane, Hello and welcome to the group! I, like you am also on disability due to multiple diseases. I do function pretty well most of the time. I have two dogs, a husky named Sky and a lab mix named Izzy. I rescued Izzy and trained her pretty well but I could never break her from jumping. She is a handful and so full of energy.

Anyway, due to my disabilities, my dogs really don't get the exercise that they need. Izzy needs to be with a family that has kids that can play with her all the time (she is very needy). I love her and don't have the heart to take her to the pound but living with me is so unfair for her.

I'm glad you are making new friends here, we are glad to have you!

Let us know if there is any way we can help you or you just want to talk.

hugs, jenn

08/27/2009 09:34 AM
Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

Candi, I am glad you feel welcome here. Finding friends online is probably what gets me through life. I used to have three really good friends but over the years we grew further apart. And with them I couldn't really talk freely like I am able to here. I never feel judged by my online friends. These groups are a important part of my support network.

Its nice hearing about your pets. What exactly is the dragon you spoke of. I have never heard of one before. I also have one dog, Baby. She is a four year old bichon frize. I adore her but sometimes she still pees on the floor. I forgive her and sanitize the floor when she does it. She is such a great dog in every other way and is very sensitive to my moods. I also have a 13 year old Maine coon cat named Mo. Mo just comes and goes as he pleases and I am always afraid one day he will go and never return.

08/27/2009 11:08 AM
cottoncandycane
cottoncandycane  

Wow I use to have a Maine Coon too her name is Ashley and she lives with my Mom right now.

A Bearded Dragon is a lizard from Australia. They are super friendly and make nice pets. My ex bought Lita for me when she was a month old and 9 yrs is a long time for them. Lita nearly didn't survive when she was little she got real sick so it's amazing she's still here with us. Gonna try to post a pic of her.

08/27/2009 02:36 PM
Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

Oh my God Candi that thing is awesome!!! Do they bite? Are they easy going?

08/27/2009 04:10 PM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Is she crawling up your arm in the picture, that thing is awesome looking, I think I would be scared to have her crawling up my arm

08/28/2009 11:40 AM
cottoncandycane
cottoncandycane  

No she's just sitting there. She's very easy going actually out of all my pets she's the sweetest calmest one.

I have heard one or two owners say they can bite Lita never has and I would say if they did get bit there's a good chance the lizard was being hand feed and missed the food and got the finger.

They do however require a special diet of worms, crickets, vitamins and fruits and veggies and special lighting.

I never thought I would love a lizard or that they had personality or anything my ex forced me into it with Iguana's love them but they r a hand full. They since passed away. Luckily they didn't die from neglect just illness and such long story too save it for another day. My ex wouldn't take care of them or get them good homes so I stepped in I was terrified at first but I felt bad for them. Then I really liked them alot and he bought me Lita and her brother Ozzy but they got sick right after that and Ozzy died and Lita nearly did. She's very special to me. They all are. Still scared of snakes though.

08/28/2009 03:03 PM
Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

Candi, the power of love is amazing. Any animal would be lucky to have you for an owner.

08/29/2009 05:38 PM
markm
markmPosts: 722

helo!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved