MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/01/2009 08:46 AM

Opiate addiction

anna35
anna35Posts: 1

Hello everyone! I'm new to this so bear with me. I am extremely addicted to opiates. I started taking them about 8 years ago for chronic back pain. My doctor stopped giving them to me because he knew I was addicted to them. Then they put me on tramadol, Ibuprophen and flexeril. They dont work for anything. Now everyday is a struggle to try and not be on opiates anymore. I spend everyday wondering where i can get some. The addiction is bad enough, but when you add onto that the fact that I still have severe and chronic backpain. I am trying to find something that can be done for my pain that actually works and is non narcotic so maybe it would be easier to get and stay off narcotics. Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated! Dizzy

03/02/2009 08:18 AM
OSun
OSun  

I used to be on pain killers for my neck and shoulder pain. I became addicted. The only suggestion I have is to tell your doctor that this combination is not working and that you would like to try something else non-narcotic. Pain killers are strong so it is hard to make the adjustment. Sometimes we have to live with a little pain if we want to stay sober. I know it sounds rough, but I am sure if you find something non-narcotic that alleviates some of the pain, you will be able to deal with it. Keep posting for support or private message me anytime with questions or if you need someone to talk to. I know this is hard for you, I went through it myself. Luckily the pain subsided after awhile. I hope you find a solution to your problem. Just let the doctor know how much it hurts and be honest, you don't want to go back to painkillers, so what will help me with this awful pain that is not a narcotic! xo

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved