MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/20/2012 12:00 PM

Please help

Lauratitchx

Helli guys I'm new and I really need help, I started cocaine 4years ago but over the past year I've started takin it alone and I'm worse than ever now I find it hard even goin 1 day without nobody knows and it's ruinin my relationships plus I owe £2000 what an I do please please help xxx

05/23/2012 07:44 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

First of all, Welcome to the group, sorry it has taken me so long to respond but I have been out of town

I was addicted to coke, It made my life a nightmare, it killed my husband, I was a single parent. I didn't have $$ problems, there was always more than enough coke in the house. I would do it all day long everyday, then my husband OD and I stopped cold turkey. It was hard but you need to stop if your ever want peace and hope in your life. At least w/ coke the physical withdrawals aren't as bad as w/ opiates or herion.

Just tell yourself you want to be in control of your life, right now the coke is controlling your life. You can go to NA or AA meetings, the support you get there is very helpful.

I hope you make the decision to stop because if you don't things will only get worse, life will be a nightmare.

We are here to help you get through it, is there a rehab you can go to or find a therapist, that will also help. You need to find out why you need the coke so much and deal with all issues involved. We are here to hold your hand if you decide to quit, which I hope you do

05/24/2012 12:15 PM
steve571
steve571  
VIP Member

Realizing you have a problem is the first step, wanting to do something about it and doing so is hard.I hope you can decide to do the right thing and not let the addiction take hold for years like some of us have done.life is truly better without letting drugs control every thing we do.

05/27/2012 01:51 AM
Lauratitchx

I really want to quit its destroying my life I've deleted his number off my phone so I hope I can do It. But when I do stop my moods r foul what can I do? Also all the meetings are too far away for me to get too xxx

05/27/2012 06:17 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You made the 1st important move, you admitted you have a problem and are trying to stop. That is important, it tskes some a very long time to admit they have a problem.

There are herbs you can try, just go to your local herb store and tell them you need something to help you sleep, or depression or whatever is it that is making it hard for you.

How are you feeling, are you depressed and/or anxious, you will feel both, do you have any physical symptoms. what are they, We are here to help you, hold your hand during this difficult time. You can do it, if you really want to change your life and feel hope, peace and happiness.

Can you find a therapist or counsellor, You need to deal w/ the issues that cause your drug addiction. something is missing in your life and you replaced it w/ coke. find out what that is.

For me it was self confidence, I felt like I was a boring empty shell, coke made me feel alive and like I could do anything. but once the coke started controlling my life, it fell apart. I quit because it killed my husband and really scared me, but I never dealt w/ the issues that caused my addiction, I relapsed 15 yrs later, I got addicted to pain meds and alcohol, it was a nightmare. I have been in recovery for 10 years, I have relapsed many times, but I don't stop. I still have a few issues to resolve but now I can say I see hope in my future, something I haven't felt in so long.

So don't give up, we are here to hold your hand and help you get through this. You can do it, keep posting your feeling, you need to get all the pain inside you out in the open and resolve your issues. I am here for you, you can also send me a PM, whatever you feel more comfortable with...

05/27/2012 06:24 AM
Lauratitchx

Wow Thankyou so much so glad I found u well I am on anti depressants ATM shall I buy some valerian root from a herbal store? I don't know why I take it tbh I started just having it when I went out partying or every few weeks with my bf but now I'm doing it almost every night alone in my bedroom I don't know why and I need to stop for my health my family and money issues, today will be night one without It I'm in my house ATM my bf doesn't know I'm taking still cos he has quit. Today I'm feeling tired and snappy xx

05/27/2012 06:39 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

valerian root will help, also I saw an ad for a new product, that has valerian root, melatonin and something else, I forgot what, but I am sure you can find it. Maybe that will help, are you having trouble sleeping or anxiety attacks. There are several herbs that can help, I will try and find my Herbal Bible book and see what else is available and good for your symptoms. St John's wort is good for depression, also you can try chamomile tea or tension tamer tea, I always see that in any grocery store, Also what helps is aromatherapy, lavendar or jasmine sprayed around the house will give you a sense of peace.

we are here for you always, just reach out....

05/27/2012 06:43 AM
Lauratitchx

Wow thanks so much I'll look for that st johns warts tomoz I think and no I'm sleepin a lot when im not on it like xxx

05/27/2012 09:14 AM
Lauratitchx

Do u have a twitter or email?? So I can talk to u easier and more often like whenever I need ur help xxx

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved