MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/28/2012 10:29 PM

Meth while pregnant

worriedmom93

I hate even admitting this but I am scared to death and My baby means more to me than not admitting the horrible thing I've done. Im 14 weeks pregnant (3 1/2 months) and before I knew I was pregnant I smoked meth. When I did it I was only between 1-3 weeks. I found out I was pregnant between 3-4 weeks and ive never touch or been around the stuff since that day. I am so scared that when I go to have my baby there going to know I did it and take my baby from me. I've heard that they drug test your placenta after you have the baby and I've also heard that ANY drug done at ANY point in the pregnancy stays in your placenta the whole time. Are they going to take my baby from me??????

02/28/2012 11:37 PM
steve571
steve571  
VIP Member

I don't know about the testing your tAlking about but I'd suggest you get into some kind of program ,like a.a. Or n.a. Or somekind of rehab program so you can show somekind of positive accomplishment when it comes down to it.and really think what kind of path using meth can take you.I really believe meth is the work of the devil.for it weakens the will and makes one more open for spiritual attack.you need to do what's right for you and your baby.

02/29/2012 02:06 PM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

If you are not doing any drugs now, they will not take your baby away, The will only take it away if you do drugs throughout your pregnancy and then continue after the baby is born. I don't know if the drug stays in your placenta through the pregnancy, you should go to your dr and tell him/her what happened. I really don't know if it can affect it so early in a pregnancy, so for peace of mind, tell your dr and they do ultrasounds now and you can see how your baby is growing. When I was pregnant they only did ultrasounds if there was a possiblity of a problem, now its a more of a routine, They do have tests that will tell you if the baby is normal or if the baby has any potential medical problems.

I know I smoked pot and did codiene pain meds when I 1st got pregnant, that was before I know I was pregnant, I stopped all drugs during my pregnancy, even had to stop drinking caffine coffee and then there wasn't much choice for a decaf coffee like they have now, there was only one brand, sanka, now that makes me feel old, what no choice on decaf coffee, how many woman out there remember those days.

If the dr sees you are taking care of yourself and that you are not doing any drugs he won't report you. especially since you didn't even know you were pregnant and that once you did you cleaned up your act, That is what is important.

How old are you, is the father in the picture. It sounds like you are excited in having this baby and will do everything to keep her/him safe. If you do get craving, Please follow steve's advice and go to NA meetings. We are all here to help you stay strong and healthy, to keep you away from drugs so that you can have your beautiful and healthy baby, so keep us updated.

I just love going through the months with a member that is pregnant and then giving birth, I have done it w/ a couple of members. They were very young, just teenager.

Take care of yourself

02/29/2012 06:19 PM
worriedmom93

I am only 18 and the father is in the picture. My baby is the only reason im not still doing drugs or something worst. I want to be a good mom and be able to be with my baby every single day. Ive had ultrasounds already and the dr said everything looks perfect.

03/01/2012 08:49 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

That sounds great, did you ask the dr if the drug stays in the placenta, I don't know, you were just a the beginning stage, but meth is one of the bad drugs out there, For your own peace of mind find out. I am glad the father is in the picture. You are so young and you will definitely need his support, emotionally and financially. This can be a wonderful time, feeling your baby grow inside of you and sharing it w/ the baby's father, but you are so very young, so you will have to grow up fast now. We are here for you, keep us updated.

03/02/2012 07:43 PM
chart

My daughter was a meth addict when she found out she was pregnant. She got clean right away and has a very healthy 12 yr. old girl. As far as I'm concerned, it was a miracle baby. All around. They can only take your baby if you continue to use. Don't. For your sake and your baby's. Congratulations!

03/05/2012 08:28 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Great advice chart, its good to know that you can still have a healthy baby, but only if you stop taking drugs now. Having the child inside of you, growing, may give you the strength to stop taking drugs, I know I stopped everything while I was pregnant. But I never dealt w/ the problems that caused my addiction. So now you have alot to do, not only stay clean but really look at yourself and try to figure out what led you to use drugs. You need to resolve those issues or else one of these days you will relapse. Good Luck to you, stay healthy, physically and mentally, keep us updated, When are you due. Do you know if you are having a girl or boy. Now a days it seems everyone knows before the baby is born, when I was pregnant I had to wait, the technology was there but it was only used if you were in danger of losing the baby. Now its routine. How life changes!!

04/13/2012 07:42 AM
xocamille

Congratulations, it sounds like you are in a good state of mind and your baby is going to turn your life around. That is great! Don't worry about the drug use that early because most likely your baby will be fine, it was very early in the pregnancy. It won't show up in the placenta because your baby's placenta is not even fully developed until the 10th week. As long as you make sure not to keep using you and your baby will be just fine! No worries, stress is not good for you or your baby

04/13/2012 04:37 PM
odiebob

with any luck, your baby will be healthy. i suggest you carefully read these posts and look at it as a doorway to getting yourself clean and staying that way. a good friend of mine, is 24 his wife is bout the same age. their almost 2 year old baby, has LIFE LONG medical issues ... do to BOTH OF THEM USING DRINKING ETC.

now, i spent a year helping him get clean and then about 2 months helping him stay clean before he moved to texas with his wife and child. well. the story was ... oh yea, gunna stay clean, blah blah blah. hes back to smoking pot. weeeelll ... make a choice that you WANT to stick by.... you gunna quit completely or wait to see how your baby condition is when he or she is born ... and make up your mind then ???

i dont mean to come on like a hard ass ... but its not just the parents life anymore.

what is worth more to you ... using drinking or your child ?? time told me what was more important to him.

05/19/2012 09:59 PM
picsofmydic

I do not know why you would do a drug like meth pregnant r not do you know what is in it r the scum bags that cook it my god i will pray that you get a phone book and go to yellow pages look up abortion clinics and do your fetus a favor because you do not even care about ur self r where u go in life if you do meth go eat a battery

your unborn child has a great in the world of drugs

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved