MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/24/2012 08:41 AM

My son(page 4)

jenny1978
jenny1978  
VIP Member

I too believe that full moons do cause changes in some people. The full moon causes so many changes on the earth and some people are affected by it. Now, the majority of people don't ever even notice it, but around the time of a full moon, I have a harder time sleeping. So, in my opinion, it can affect him, but I truly think that there is a lot more to it than that. I know that march 14th seems like a lifetime away, but it's not and at least you got an appointment. I know people that try to get into the mental health program in the small city I live in and it takes up to 6 months to get in!!! I've never used them, but I do know people hat have used them in the past. I hope yall get things worked out. Please keep us updated and I'll keep saying a prayer for yall.

02/24/2012 09:20 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

It may sound crazy, that a full moon affects people, I don't know if its true but do believe something happens. I use to work for a dr and when we had a full moon, the next day we would get all these crazy problems to deal w/. Patients seem to get the weirdest symptoms on these days. so was it the moon? Who know, I just know people went alittle nutty.

It may seem like a long time because you want answers now, but remember to take things slow, even when he does get diagnosised, whatever the problem is, you will have to take one day at a time. Thinking of it as a big problem can get overwhelming. So live one day at a time, do the best you can for that moment. You will get through this, you are not alone.

02/27/2012 07:55 AM
J756

So today I see on his text messages that he's looking to get hold of Oxy Neo???? I am so angry with him and I don't know what to do? Maybe he has a mental illness??? Seems like it's going to take forever to get that figured out but then he's doing stupid things like hard drugs too. He's living here, our whole family is suffering terribly and he does stupid things like this. Grrrrrrr.........

02/27/2012 08:02 AM
jenny1978
jenny1978  
VIP Member

Oh no!!! I am so sorry. A lot of times, addicts do have underlying reasons such as a mental disorder or just feelings that they are trying to cover them up. If that is the case, he needs therapy so he can figure out exactly what it is that he is trying to cover up and make himself feel numb. He's not ready to get help, but he so desperately needs it. I hope that yall can get something figured out soon. He needs to go to treatment and then live in a halfway house for awhile before he is let back out on his own...that's my opinion anyway.

02/27/2012 08:25 AM
J756

I agree Jenny. Now do we call his bluff and say rehab or out in the street???? Not sure which way that would go? He needs somewhere he has to be clean and heaven knows he needs therapy. He has a follow up with the GP today but I don't expect anything to come of that.

02/27/2012 10:08 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I also agree w/ Jenny, is he self medicating because he has a problem. He really needs therapy or councelling to see what he is running away from. Do you think you can get him to go to a NA meeting with you. I know my sister and daughter took me to my 1st one, I was too afraid to go on my own, I felt like there was no life for me w/o drugs in it, How could I live w/o them, I needed them to survive. I had alot of issues to work on and it has taken me a long time, but my family never gave up on me, they kept pushing me to get help. There are some that are w/o hope but I feel that maybe there is still hope for your son. He is young and he needs to see that the drugs are just making life worse. keep us updated, don't you have an appt w/ a therapist for him, are you going to go w/ him. I hope he lets you, this way you can see how much help he needs

02/27/2012 01:23 PM
J756

His appt. is on the 14th of March. He's just trying to get disability allowance because he wants to move away where no one knows him. He says he can't go anywhere here, everyone laughs at him and thinks he's crazy. People think he's paranoid and delusional and they don't believe anything he says. He hurts so bad and I can't help him. He doesn't want my help.............

02/27/2012 02:18 PM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Why does he want to go where no one knows him? Its not as easy now to get disability as it once was, what is his disablilty, Is he just looking for $$ so he doesn't have to work. Being so young he won't get much, just the minimum.

Do people really feel like that about him, do they really laugh at him?

I have to question his motives?

02/27/2012 03:20 PM
J756

In his opinion everyone here hates him. He is paranoid, I don't know how he thinks that will be any different anywhere else, he will still feel that everyone is laughing at him, scoffing at his knuckles, etc. He says he can't work because he can't be around people, again because they all think he's crazy. People do not really laugh at him but as time goes on he is presenting more and more "weird" like where people may actually look twice at him. I believe disability would be $900 a month and it would be very difficult for him to live on that.

02/27/2012 03:29 PM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

His problems will only follow him, he needs to get therapy where he is but if he does feel more comfortable moving away and getting therapy then that is what he needs to do, I just hope he doesn't go far from home so that you can still keep an eye on him. I hate to say this and its only my opinion but I think there is more going on than just drug abuse, I hope I am wrong.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 4 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved