MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/01/2010 06:27 PM

Something I posted once and was asked to post agai

Frenchie
Frenchie  
VIP Member

Ya know how we addicts say we can give it up anytime we want? SO NOT TRUE! ok, no matter what the choice of drug it is, say... crack, heroin, meth, or booze, MJ or RX pills (or even Food!) it's got control over US and it leaves us powerless unless we make ourselves get the help we need TODAY..NOT TOMORROW,, because tomorrow never comes, ( think about that one ) any choice of drug habit we are stuck on, will run us around in circles looking for means to get our next fix, it's a VICIOUS CYCLE until we've lost PROPERTIES, FRIENDS, FAMILY and worse yet, OUR SELF ESTEEM, SELF RESPECT,OUR HEALTH, FREEDOM UNLESS...we wind up dead first. OK...there you have used all that was in your goody bag and youre GEEKING...no more fix to be had...THEN WHAT? after you depleted all crumbs and rez..you realize you've missed an appt. or you're trying to think what you're gonna say to your other half or family, as to where the money went ( instead of the movie rental, and popcorn you went to get, gas and cigs, whatever the excuse...the drug dragged you down and left you STUCK in more ways than one,,,once you

realize this you get to thinking: " IT'S NOT WORTH IT!! " We have all been there,done that, bought the T-shirt, wore it and took it back so to speak......Hello, My name is Mona Cherie and these are my feelings.

03/01/2010 06:50 PM
steve571
steve571  
VIP Member

oooooo so true. thank you.

03/02/2010 08:24 AM
Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

Mona Cherie,

Thanks for sharing that. I think alot of people feel the same way. You put it in a way that made sense. I am not a drug addict but a food addict and the results are still comparable. Thanks for sharing.

03/02/2010 09:39 AM
will44

Wow that is so true.Especially that tommarow never comes!!! I gotta give you props on that post Frenchie cause you hit the nail right on the head with one of the biggest trutha of addiction there is.

03/02/2010 11:41 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am going to make a copy of it Frenchie, its something to always remember, the vicious cycles, losing your self respect, losing so much, its something to read over when you are having cravings. It is well said, the life of an addict. Thanks for sharing it wiht us.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved