MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/03/2010 05:40 AM

Cocaine

Paul44

I am unfortunately one who doesnt make friends easy and one who people manage to dislike at a glance sometimes it would appear. Until I tried cocaine I wondered how I am like this and others aren't. I tried cocaine and people liked me and I liked them easily. I made friends that weren't users who perhaps wouldn't have been friends if they'd known. I wish I could have that personality legally without dependance. I am not depressed and I know I make life as what it is and can be by the choices I make. Is there help?

02/03/2010 05:56 AM
BrandiJo

hello Paul and welcome to the group. I was addicted to cocaine. Unlike your story, i was the opposite. I was always the center of the party. (even when i wasnt using) everyone was friends with BrandiJo, and if you werent.... then there was a reason. I noticed that when i would use coke i would be even MORE outgoing. I wasnt affraid to talk to guys, or ask for another line from the guy that had some. I didnt care what people thought about what i was doing. I was like a free spirit.

now i dont understand your question for "is there help?". what do you need help with? getting off the coke? or the ability to make friends WITHOUT being on the coke? because.. yes there is help. for both situations. so let me know whats going on. why do you feel like you can only make friends when your high?

02/03/2010 07:36 AM
Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

I don't use cocaine, never did but for me alcohol freed me from my inhabitions. (no I am not an alcoholic either). I think it is kind of the same thing though. Also when I am manic I am overly friendly and make friends easily. These days I am medicated and can't drink because of the meds and I really have only one friend other than those friends I have made here on the forum. I feel like I am really a shy person but on here I can be very outgoing.

02/04/2010 12:43 PM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I was very shy and insecure until i I started using drugs, especially cocaine, I was the life of the party, at the time my husband owned a restuarant and what they called at the time a New Age Dance Club. I ran the restuarant during the week, and every night I was upstairs dancing and having a great tiem. I was on coke I was not afraid of anything. the one thing it did teach me if I can be on coke and get people to like me then I am not such a boring person as I thought I was. After getting off the coke and recovering for alcohol abuse, I now remember those days and I am not as scared, coke gave me confidence now it was time for me to give it to myself. It does work most of the time. But what do you need help w./ we are here to help you and support you

02/21/2010 09:43 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Paul you got support and advice from us so do you think we can help you, we have not heard from you, how about an update on what is going on, what kind of help are you looking for.

02/23/2010 05:18 AM
Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

Hi Paul. I have been wondering about you too. You reached out then disappeared. It would be nice to see how you are doing.

02/26/2010 05:43 AM
Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

Paul, Joshua is right, we'd all like to hear how things are going. Please let us know.

02/26/2010 07:55 AM
will44

Paul I was the same and in many ways I still have issue's in social settings.I can be painfully shy at times and if I have to go to a place where I dont know others I want to use every time.But I dont anymore.I have always had a hard time making friends cause I feel others dont understand me and I just cant seem to connect.I do connect here though and lots of others understand me here.I feel safe to share even my innermost feelings here.I do hope we hear from you again soon.There is help and there is hope for a better life.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved