MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/28/2010 12:47 PM

Depression

Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

Seems like this time of year many people become depressed. One reason is seasonal depression. We don't get enough sunlight and our bodies need it. For some reason some of us react to the short days. Things that used to bring us joy seem joyless.

I have been depressed. Partly bipolar depression caused by brain chemicals going awry and partly do to some changes going on in my life. I am trying to keep positive and talking about it helps.

Does anyone else feel depressed right now? If so how are you handling it? My therapist says that eating right, getting outdoors and exercise all help. I believe it. I know I never get any exercise and its so cold I rarely get out for longer than it takes to walk to the car. I have started taking my dog for walks but today it is just too cold. Who knows, maybe I'll bundle up and go for a little walk. Right now its snowing again and being outside isn't that appealing. As for eating right I am trying. I have been eating more vegetables and some fruit although I can't really afford anything fresh so mostly frozen. I am staying away from too much pasta which we eat alot of because its cheap. And we have cut way back on red meats. Really trying to eat healthy on a small budget isn't easy.

Anyway I do feel like I am trying to feel better. At least I am sleeping pretty good (knock on wood).

So how about all of you? Any of you feel like I do? If not any ideas on how to make myself feel better? I hope for your sake everything is going good.

Please at least check in with me. I feel so lonely.

01/28/2010 01:47 PM
BrandiJo

Hey Yvonne,

I have been feeling a little down here lately. Today is 6 years since my lil brother od'd. that will bring a day down. tuesday will be my grandmas birthday. it will be the first one since she has passed. thinking about things like this always bring me down. so, i try not to think about them. but then that brings me down too, because i WANT to think about "them". the people. not the death. but its hard to just think about the people and NOT the death. (following me) i think i might join the "death of a family member fourm".

i was feeling cruddy, so i went out and got my hair cut and dyed. that made me feel good. its nice to feel like you look nice. soo, try something new. even if its a new nail color paint. try to make your self feel new... pretty... nice. see if that helps.

ill see you around here....

01/29/2010 10:56 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

BrandiJo sounds like this is a depressing time for you, I know when it is my husbands anniversary I feel very depressed and also w/ grandma. Hope you feel better soon.

Yvonne I can understand why you are depressed, I am feeling it too, don't know why depressed, maybre that's why this group is so quiet, everyone is depressed. Maybe the members can write here and tell us about their depression

01/30/2010 02:34 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I think its the winter, we got 2 more months to go, its so deary and cold, there's no people aroung, everyone hides in doors but BranddiJo yo are in a warm climate but then again your depression came from loved ones death and their memory.

Does anyone have advice for these winter time blues

01/30/2010 02:34 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

markm where are you

01/30/2010 02:11 PM
Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

Brandjo,

I know how hard these anniversaries can be. I think we all have them. There are many ways to remember the person and not the death. I can't say that I have done it in the last year or two but I used to always write a poem about the person I was missing. It really helped and it is nice to look over the old ones too. I think I am going to try to find them this weekend.

You are right I really should do something for myself just not sure what. Maybe I am due for a candlelit bubble bath. Hmmmm, starting to sound real good.

01/31/2010 03:44 PM
markm
markmPosts: 722

I feel lonely too...

01/31/2010 06:24 PM
staceymarie

Whats going on with you Markm?

02/01/2010 12:15 PM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

will you tell us Markm or keep everything inside

02/02/2010 06:46 AM
Yvonne802
Yvonne802  
VIP Member

that feeling of lonliness is the hardest thing to deal with. I don't feel it all the time but often enough. I try to reach out to people but its too hard. Coming to the forum makes me feel less lonely. I know everyone here is real and their support is real. I bet you and I are a lot alike.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved