MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/21/2009 08:36 AM

Thanksgiving

anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

So this week is Thanksgiving, its a time to reflect on our life and think what we are thankful for. There has been alot of pain and suffering because of drugs, the problems it causes.

But this week we reflect on what we are thankful for, so make a list and share it with the membersTongue Cheerful

11/21/2009 08:46 AM
anamore
anamore  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am thankful for this group and MDJ. I have grown so much here and also have learned alot. I am not as agoraphobic as I was, my anxiety attacks are not that often. I have met many members that became good friends and that is precious to me.

I am thankful for my daughter and very proud of her accomplishments this year and that she got engaged to a really great man.

I am thankful for my bf, who is constantly fixing my house and is always there for me when I have anxiety attacks or any other problem, I love the way he shows his love for me.

I am thankful that I have a place to live, I have the necessities to live.

I am thankful for my family, at times they are very supportive.

I am thankful for my 2 cats, my companions all day long.

11/23/2009 11:30 AM
courseygal

I am thankful for:

1. being alive

2. family

3. dedicated husband

4. my cardiologist for saving my life, twice

5. AA and NA

6. the AA/NA program for giving my life structure

7. such a supportive website as MDJ

Melanye Smile

11/23/2009 06:19 PM
devilustangel
devilustangel  

What I am thankful for:

1. My daughters I don't know where I would be with out them

2. My husband he is my world

3. For being the exact opposite as my mother.

4. My dysfunctional in law family makes my family look like angels.

5. That I am here to celebrate ( no matter how much I despise them ) another round of holiday season.

6. For mdj it has truely changed my life.

11/24/2009 05:14 AM
BrandiJo

i am thankful for

1- my brothers speedy recovery after such a horrible motorcycle accident

2- my sons safty when the tv fell from his dresser

3- the fact that my grandma may not be here with us, but atleast shes no longer in pain

4- my fiance, for always finding a way to provide

5- my place of work, for being soo understanding of my hard times

6- mdj for allowing me to open doors inside that i havent opened EVER

7- my strengh to be able to keep my head held high

11/24/2009 03:34 PM
steve571
steve571  
VIP Member

im thankfull for having a loving caring whife by my side, thankfull for having 2 healthy happy girls ..light of my life...im thankfull for having the strength to not have to drink an use to make myself feel normal....thankfull to have made it this far in life...thaNKfull for getting to have a relationship with my mother before she passed...thankfull for having my brother an sister that we can be freinds an fammilly ..for it was not always that way..thankfull for being alive..for their was a few times i shoulda been dead.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved