MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/20/2012 11:05 PM

new to diverticulitis

rosebud61

I am 61 yrs old I had a resection surgery in feb.2,2011. I thought I could cut this disease out with surgery and end this problem. Will I learned different this month (3-14-12), I was in Wal-Mart and has to go urinate .Want to the rest room urinated and felt like I had a bit of the runs(diaria)to my surprise it was all blood. Went out to the store found my husband and told him I was bleeding again and I was taking myself to the ER. Five day stay and I under went many test including an colonascope. The bleeding had stopped, they never found where the blood had come from. My hemogolbin dropped from 14 to 8.7. When home Sunday and still feeling weak, depressed. Cried all day tuesday. Can't see me going thru life being scared every time Ihave to poop.

04/02/2012 01:59 PM
Monie3

So sorry to hear that! It is a very confusing disease. My pain and bleeding kept reocurring with my flare ups and what finally seemed to stop the cycle was using a more natural approach. I used a diverticulitis kit with a homeopathic liquid called divercalm and changed my diet (no processed foods, no sugar, no caffeine, no dairy, no wheat, no alcohol, etc.). I steadily got better and I havent had a flare up in a long time. Don't lose hope!

04/09/2012 02:37 PM
aprilgrl27
aprilgrl27  

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better.

04/10/2012 04:42 PM
Dgwinvre

I am sorry to hear that also. I also cut out things in my diet. Not to that extent though. There are still times that I eat what I have always eaten and realize later that was a mistake. I am afraid of pushing to hard when going, since I read somewhere it makes it worse. I hope that you feel better soon, These intestinal problems are so unpredictable, sometimes I don't know how these people who have had it for years have stayed sane. I am sure that these forums will make you feel support.

04/10/2012 08:13 PM
rosebud61

Thank you for your support.

WE just need to take it a day at a time. In my case I have no warning. I know I need to go to the hospital as soon as I can get there because I can bleed to death. I need to find the right diet, find my triggers and the only way I can do this is to write a daily jurnal and hopefully I will find my triggers. Please keep in touch and let me knowhow you are feeling.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved