MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/20/2012 08:26 PM

Anybody takes Adderall?

uplifted
upliftedPosts: 285

I was wondering if any of you tried or take Adderall and if it helped them in any way to keep the house more organized... Any input would be appreciated!

05/21/2012 04:27 AM
Colleenj
Colleenj  
VIP Member

I take Adderall and it definitely helps me stay more focused but I do still procrastinate when it comes to housework.

05/21/2012 05:46 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have been taking adderall less than a month and it has definetly helped me because I procrastinate less and stay on task more. The first day I deep cleaned my kitchen!

05/21/2012 02:36 PM
kball
kball  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Adderall is a very addictive drug. We have many people and teens who are addicted to it on the Addiction recovery support group and in my support groups I run here in WI.

Adderall is sold on the street it is so popular.

Be smart and be aware please.

Kris

05/21/2012 02:51 PM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

It is true that adderall can be addictive but for many ADD/ADHD people it helps relieve symptoms so the risk is worth the reward. I know it has been for me.

05/21/2012 08:44 PM
uplifted
upliftedPosts: 285

Thanks for the replies! I have taken it in the past but don't remember if it helped me with keeping organized. I do remember though that it made me lose appetite and I lost lots of weight. Not a good thing for me because I am 5.4 and (now) am 114 lb. u lost about 10 lb in a few months. I need to get back in it now and I hope it will also help me to control my messiness and disorganizationסn.

05/23/2012 12:19 PM
kball
kball  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Centerseeker I am glad it helps you. Yes it does help people with ADD,I was really talking about when people start to abuse it or people that are taking it not for ADD. it is also being prescribe to people with bipolar,which is dangerous. Harvard medical and my shrink says noone that is bipolar should be on Adderall. Just a warning,I have lost to friends in the last 2yrs to it,they are still alive but will never be the same. They went over the edge. Now my friends teenage son is on it and we found out that alot of the kids at school were. Either their parents have a script or a friend with ADD. They are buying it from other teens. it is scarey.

kris

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved