Ask a Question
05/01/2012 01:48 AM

100 Household Tips(page 11)

centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Tip #96

Did someone use a permanent magic marker on your white board? Believe it or not you can clean it off using another marker. This time make sure it is a dry erase marker though or you will just compound your problem! Simply scribble over the permanent marker with the dry erase marker and wipe with the dry eraser.

05/01/2012 01:51 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Tip #97

Spilled some egg? I do this on my counter all the time. Clean it up easily by sprinkling with salt and wiping up with a towel.

05/01/2012 06:32 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Tip #98

Got an ink stain? Remember the old wisdom of using hairspray? Not anymore. Current hairspray formulas don't contain enough alcohol so use rubbing alcohol instead.

05/01/2012 06:37 AM
Colleenj
Colleenj  
VIP Member

WOW! My computer went haywire yesterday and I didn't get one message from MDJ until 6PM last night. You were really busy racking up the tips. Great job. What are we going to do next?

05/01/2012 10:28 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I know I sort of got lost in it when I was supposed to be doing other things! Laughing

05/01/2012 10:33 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Tip #99

I am packing for a trip and my suitcases haven't been used in so long they are incredibly dusty and a wipe down with windex didn't quite get it all so I am making this tip up. If you don't travel often, wrap your suitcases in garbage bags to prevent them from gathering dust!

I do this with my rarely used roaster and I wish I had done it with these suitcases!

05/01/2012 10:38 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Tip #100

Hooray!!!!! The last and final tip!!!!

This is an unusual one for a household tip and it comes with a broken promise. I said I'd stop with Flylady but heck Heloise made enough appearances and I think this number one everyday tip from FlyLady deserved the distinction of being the Grand Finale!

When you get out of bed right away get dressed in decent clothes right down to shoes. If you are a woman do your hair and put on jewelery and make-up if you wear it. Do this everyday even if you are staying home and no one is going to see you.

How is this a household tip? Because when we are well dressed and feel good we are more productive and less likely to slack off. Plus it is just great for your self-esteem and anything that bolsters self-esteem is going to affect how you conduct yourself, including tackling your Disorganized and Messy!

05/03/2012 06:24 AM
uplifted
upliftedPosts: 285

Congratssssss!!!! 100!!!!

We should post it as a sticky so everyone can find it easily and use it frequently . I have already applied some of the tips, I love tips!!! Thanks to all of you who took their time to to benefit others!

05/03/2012 08:32 AM
KittenMittens
KittenMittens  
VIP Member

Congratulations

a

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 11 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved