MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/08/2010 11:36 AM

one valuable lesson

sharone
sharone  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

One thing I've learned in 2 years of losing weight...I love to eat. I eat with passion. Do not want to reduce my eating enjoyment/capacity. So, how do folks who love to eat lose weight? (other than exercise?) consume low cal foods. veggies, fruits, whole grains.

01/08/2010 04:25 PM
ohfaithful

Hey Sharone,

I think the valuable lesson for me is that there are no shortcuts. I cant eat healthy today and then go back to my crummy eating habits tomorrow and expect to feel better and look better..they just don't go hand in hand.

So now I just think about eating healthy foods and how to make them taste better lol...

Laughing

01/08/2010 09:38 PM
Shadowdancer

I think you can eat the foods that you love, just use a smaller plate. Eat smaller portions. Walk for exercise, get your body moving! Use our heads and don't eat desserts unless they are lowfat!

01/16/2010 05:08 AM
ohfaithful

Yes there is that philosophy, but for me I'm learning to eat like my grandmother used to eat because our bodies need nutrients and we cannot get those nutrients from processed foods. I agree that exercise is just as important too!

01/17/2010 03:39 PM
sharone
sharone  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

yeah, that's been my experience, I can't 'waste' those precious cals on empty cals. and, yeah, agree, in order for a diet to work, it's got to be a change of life. so now I'm finding that I have learned to enjoy sweet potatoes, steamed cauliflower and lots of other stuff. If I need something sweet, it's Ghirardelli's dark choco chips, sucked down, just a few at a time. If I have anything else, it's rare and fare and few between. Not a big sweet tooth anymore.

01/18/2010 01:39 AM
ohfaithful

I had dark chocolate last week when I wanted something sweet and that helped a bunch but I mix it with raw coconut and that is yummy!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved