MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/09/2011 04:30 PM

Diabetic Neuropathy in feet

wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

New to this group only because I didnt know this site had one for diabetes. Ok one year ago give or take a few months I had the test done to check for neuropathy and the test came back excellent according to my pain managment doc. Well I go to a new doc this time an neurologist and he does some field test in his office and says wow you have neuropathy in both your feet !! Can this really happen that fast ?? This test he done was with an metal object that he stabbed my piggies with and it didnt bother me at all. Opinions would be nice I know we dont have many doctors on this site.

05/09/2011 08:56 PM
violett
violett  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I don't know how fast it can happen, but I have the stabbing, needles/pins/shock-like feelings at night when I'm in bed or if I am sitting with my legs crossed. I've not been diagnosed, but something I have noticed - on the days my sugar is kept in check, I don't have these feelings at all. It only happens when my sugar is high. I wonder if we kept our sugar at normal all the time if it would go away?

Violett

05/15/2011 01:10 AM
TzuWho2
TzuWho2  

Violet you are right about effects of high blood sugar. When I am high I get little shocks in my legs and my arthritis is much worse. When my sugar is back in check, don't have. I use it as a clue to behave!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved