MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/09/2008 12:42 PM

Family members with Diabetes 2

Frenchie
Frenchie  
VIP Member

I have several family members with Diabetes2..in fact a couple of them has had severe traumas with it, and I am here to LEARN everything I can to help understand and help my brothers and sisters. I myself don't have Diabetes, but the more I know, the better chances I have of dodging it! Thanks to anyone who can share some input, I am a sponge waiting to soak it all up!

Red, my friend, I am glad to see that you are a Group Leader here.

Post edited by: Frenchie, at: 11/09/2008 12:43

11/09/2008 03:43 PM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Hi, Frenchie, welcome, in the tips and medications, if you haven't already read it, you will find a lot of information, ask all the questions you wish, as one of us will be able to help.

you said severe trauma, what kind did they have if you don't mind my asking?

11/09/2008 04:10 PM
Frenchie
Frenchie  
VIP Member

An uncle had a leg amputated and a brother is going blind. Another went into a coma, and recovered but has alot of probs as he doesn't take that well a care of himself.

11/10/2008 12:23 AM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Good Lord, this can be delayed if not avoided if they take proper care, do they go to their doctors like they should?

Frenchie, like with a good many illnesses and diseases, there's not much you can do, they have to want to help themselves, if they live with you, you can help to control their meals, but you can't stop them from snacking and eating junk.

For me, and I am not Doctor, it sounds more like they have advanced from being a type 2, to a type 1, are they suppose to be taking insulin?

11/10/2008 08:39 AM
maryannerarick1
littlebopeep1  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have a father in law and a mother in law that both have diabete's and they both are have difficult times. It is hard because the foods you have to choose from. It is very costly, but you have to do what you have too do to leave...I am here for all of you and as you all know I have posted some articles.... Feel free and look @ them and print them....

maryanne

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved