MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/26/2010 12:36 AM

sugar level of 301

mem187

when i tesdet my sugar levels yesterday they wher high all day but when it hit 301 i got scared .i am still not educadet enough to know what's going on.still trying to get my diet under controll,but is like a kid in a candy store.i ate a lot before but sence i suppose to loose weight it seems like i eat even more.i have no idea how to controll it.Sad

10/30/2011 11:50 AM
semkofam

Drinking alot of water will bring your sugars down and should also help with appetite

10/31/2011 07:01 AM
Nitalynn
Nitalynn  

Try to cut out or at least down severely on the carbohydrates (breads, pasta, starches) for the next day or two and stick mainly with meat and mainly green vegetables and drink plenty of liquids (no sugar sweetened drinks and no fruit or fruit juices)to help was the extra glucose out of your system. Red and orange veggies usually contain more sugar also. Eat a series of small meals throughout the day rather than three large meals. It will help you maintain your diet better. Check your levels throughout the day to make sure your levels are going down. If not call the doctor and if they are going up still and you cant get hold of your doctor go to the ER.

If you have been recently diagnosed have they scheduled for Diabetic education yet? If not you need to discuss it with your doctor because it is a normal part of the treatment for diabetes. If you have had it for a while and did not get a lot out of the education the first time ask your doctor about going again or maybe getting an appoint one on one with a dietician. Learning how to control you diet can literally mean the difference between life and death for a diabetic.

11/10/2011 03:39 PM
Pixie1960
Pixie1960  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hello,

Nitalyn is right. Drinking a lot of water, cutting down on carbohydrates, exercise etc are all helpful in lowering your blood sugar. The thing you need to remember foremost is that low & high blood sugar can cause serious health consequences. You really need to take that diabetes health class...the more you know the better you can do in maintaining a healthy blood sugar level...because it is a matter of life and death.

Take care. We're here for you.

Hugs,

Kathleen

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved