MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/07/2011 06:09 PM

Lidocaine Infusion

NavyDiver1
NavyDiver1  

All,

So I had my first Lidocaine infusion today. It is awesome I basically feel like a million bucks! There were a couple hick ups during infusion. Those being my tongue/lips got a little numb and my pulse increased a bit. They just lowered the speed of the infusion and all was fine. I have not felt as good as I do right now in a long time. Not only my pain is subsided but I feel like I can actually think again. It's crazy I know but for some reason this stuff has helped my brain fog. So maybe our fog comes from the pain? I don't know I just hope it lasts! I will be getting infusions once a month for a year. So I will keep you all posted. Maybe I found something here I have tried many avenues of treatment none being successful as this Smile

-Damien-

11/15/2011 08:05 PM
kdifalco59

i think i am getting my first one tomorrow. did you get the treatment a few days in a row or just once so far. i'm glad it seemed to help. i hope i do too.

11/16/2011 03:04 AM
NavyDiver1
NavyDiver1  

It was a one time infusion. It took a little over an hour to infuse 280mg of lidocaine. I wish you luck and please keep us posted.

11/16/2011 05:51 AM
kdifalco59

are you still feeling better since your lidocaine infusion? are you going to get any more? ON my way to pain clinic now,i'll let everybody know how it goes!Smile

11/16/2011 06:48 AM
etucker1967
etucker1967  

I have heard of this treatment for years, but have been reluctant to try it. I am very interested in your experience with it. So, I hope you keep us updated as you go through each month and each treatment.

I wish you the best and hope you find many reasons to smile every day,

Eric

11/16/2011 11:23 AM
kdifalco59

i thought i would get treatment today but they postponed til monday. will keep u posted. didn't like the dr. much. he fluffed me off as having fibromyalgia regardless of my hundreds of lipomas, but he will treat the pain and maybe give me oral mexilitine, or some other pain management medications. i don't have prescription coverage though.

11/16/2011 01:50 PM
carerob
carerob  

So sorry about your disappointment today. See my comments about Mexiletine in the topic entitled Mexiletine. I hope Monday produces better and less painful results.

12/30/2011 12:23 PM
MattPDX
MattPDX  

maybe I missed it somewhere else, it's been nearly 2 months. How's it going?

12/30/2011 01:07 PM
NavyDiver1
NavyDiver1  

No you really haven't missed much on the lidocaine. I am getting my 3rd infusion early next month. The second was better than the first and I have been virtually pain free for three weeks now. This has been by far the best avenue of pain treatment I have ever had. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

-Damien-

01/01/2012 12:57 PM
Santababy
Santababy  

I have used lidocaine patches for about four years. They were prescribed to me by a doctor at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona. They have helped to relieve my pain with some of the lipomas. However, with one lipoma there was no relief. Finally had to have surgery. There were two lipomas growing side by side. They had actually grown through all of the tricep muscles. The surgeon said she had never seen anything like it.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved