MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/02/2009 08:29 PM

homemade pain creme

grandmasylvia

Did you guys read this? Homemade pain creme..might help

Mix equal parts of each of the following: (Can be found at Walgreens)

Original Blue - Emu Super Strength (7% pure emu oil)

BurnJel Plus by Water-Jel (for burns, scalds & sunburns)

AsperCreme w/Aloe (Walgreens brand) topical analgesic rub

Use liberally. Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

04/03/2009 03:16 AM
Suri

I must have missed it! Has anyone tried this yet?

04/03/2009 03:48 AM
grandmasylvia

I might mix some up...it sounds like it would make a nice big amount. The RX creme they give me for my psorasis comes in a tiny tube. Why are they so stingy? Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

04/03/2009 04:23 AM
Suri

I have to run to the bank today and will stop off at walgreens on the way. I wrote the ingredients down. I'll let you know if it works for me. It does sound like the mixture would be a good amount. I have no clue how much that prescription lidocaine stuff was, but I imagine this mixture will be cheaper. (I have my medco prescriptions set up to automatically charge to a credit card, each month is a new suprise! LOL!)

Thanks for sharing this G'ma, I am going out of town to the country this weekend (leaving tonight will be back on Sunday) I'll get on here as soon as I can to share my results.

04/03/2009 08:51 PM
jfuller
jfuller  

Can we make this into a bubble bath? Smile

04/03/2009 10:00 PM
grandmasylvia

Probably not...but maybe it would work on sunburn..you are so fair..I think you might get burned pretty easily...be careful at the beach. One time I got a good burn in 15 minutes at the ocean. We have that suggestion about putting hydrogen peroxide in our bath. Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

04/04/2009 09:15 AM
sophieb

i make my own homemade pain cream, but i use Medical marijuana as the main ingredient, coconut oil, grapeseed..i have friend that makes a balm for the whole medical marijuana community, and she's got a lot of good stuff, like arnica montana in there, but it seems what i make for myself works as well. I am making a 'brew' right now that is not for external, but for useing to make goodies with, or, if i can stand the taste, just a spoonful.

It takes 3-4 days to make it on low heat, but yesterday i tried just a little and it was on it's way to being very good.

I learned last week that if you use fresh material in your brew, it is very good anti-inflamitory, bettter than from using dried material. So, i had a whole plant that got a bit of powerdery mildew on it, so i cut it down a week early and used the whole thing to cook with... problem is i did not get a true weight, just a guesstimation! LOL Smile... anyway, this is the best thing for pain and it helps my mood a lot, also... my goal is after the weather settles down this spring... i want to attempt to go off narcotics except for bad flares...

The things for this concoction for pain you have listed sounds like it would be beneficial, though... i might try it...last time i used aspercreme, it stunketh.. Smile

Sophie

04/04/2009 03:21 PM
grandmasylvia

If any of your husbands are willing to do massage...the massage itself would probably help and with this stuff it might really be relaxing. With my lipo-lymphedema the massage must be done a certain way..you can watch videos on-line..in order to push the lymph out...and it should be light massage. I love to have my feet massaged but can only stand light pressure. I do the dry brushing but it hurts my hands. I would love to have a massage table. I have a kitchen chair by the bed that John can sit on. He usually sits in my wheel-chair to put my wraps on. Enjoy! Grandma Sylvia

04/05/2009 04:52 PM
Suri

I doubt the mixture caused my horrible weekend flare up... but right after I made the mixture and globbed it on, I was hit with really bad pain. It was more than likely a coincidence though. I am calling my doctor tomorrow and telling him I am almost ready to throw in the towel. I have new lumps on my legs and sections of painful fat.

I think the burnjel would be good all by itself, it has a higher percentage of lidocaine. I mixed a lot up and will try again when this flare I am in subsides.

04/05/2009 08:17 PM
grandmasylvia

Suri..that is discouraging that the stuff might have made you worse. I am sorry that I told you about it! Any external treatment would probably only help short-term but it would be better than nothing. Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved