MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/25/2012 10:36 AM

Dercum's

syndromegal

I read somewhere that a gluten free diet helped this disease. Has anyone here tried that?

I'm new here but have so many syndromes it's ridiculous and all are painful.

Any help would be appreciated

04/25/2012 04:24 PM
ali91
ali91Posts: 178

Have had to go completely gluten-free in the last few months...which has pretty much eradicated my IBS...and I'm 52! Who knew at my age I'd have to change my diet to this extent, but I'm used to it now, however giving up gluten/wheat has not had any effect on all the other issues with DD. Sorry about that one.

Alison

04/26/2012 01:39 AM
grandmasylvia
grandmasylvia  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Syndromegal...Welcome to the group. I have heard a lot about people using the gluten/wheat elimination but I have not heard anyone remark that it helped their DD. Dr Karen Herbst has a website with a lot of good DD information. She usually tells people to eliminate meat and diary. She is a vegan but does not expect everyone to go vegan. She says to cook the vegetables not to eat raw vegetables. A lot of DD people have IBS like Alison and I'm glad to hear that it helped to eliminate hers. You can probably read more about Dr Herbst's diet on her web site...Lipoma Doc.org

She advised me to go on the Mediterranean diet. Maybe more of our members will answer your post. If you try it..keep us in the loop. Alison..it is wonderful that the diet helped you. Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved