MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/27/2012 05:57 AM

Zerona Dr.

wendyew

Hi all, I had a very interesting day yesterday. As many of you know i had app. with the zerona lazer Doc. to find out if this thing was cosmetic or could it help us. Luckly he was a really nice man that did read about DD before we started. Also had to tell about Asyra Test because of meds. WELL, as much as he wasn't sure about DD he really gave me hell about the test meds. as they are not fda regulated. I explained that I didn't care that i had no intentions of living with this thing. At that point I was pretty sure he was going to say goodby but he was so nice and explained the zerona lazer to me and sadly said i had the wrong kind of fat( he checked me over from head to toe and said everything on my ab is pretty deep with no serface fat) and he didn't think it would work on us. He did explain that the lazer breaks up the fat takes it to liver etc. and gets rid of it. you go everyother day for 12days no fat diet and zap the fat is gone. To bad it won't work but I tried. I came home ,wrote a thank you note and told him if after reading more aboutrare fat he though it might work to let me know. One other thing, he thanked me for bring DD to his atention as it might be important to him. Sad but glad one thing has been ruled out.

03/27/2012 06:52 AM
Margie
Margie  

Thanks for sharing Wendy - as in all things, trial and error on the quest for answers.

03/28/2012 05:31 PM
dercumshug
dercumshug  

A big THANK YOU Wendy!

I've been interested in hearing about your appointment.

Thank you for all the time and research you gave.

03/28/2012 10:50 PM
lumpybumpy
lumpybumpy  

Wendyew,

Thank you so much for sharing. I was thinking about that lazer thing, and wondered if it would work on DD fat. Now I know it probably doesn't. I won't waste my money on a disapointing appointment to see. Thanks for sharing the info. You saved me time, effort and money!

Celeste.

03/29/2012 12:27 AM
ArtsyAnnie

Hi Wendyew,

THANK YOU for sharing. My late brother, a doctor, kept pounding it into my head that whatever treatment we seek HAS to be to correct the CAUSE of the lipoomas; the leaking veins, microfage problem, and toxic problem. Just removing the lumps has no long term benefit.

Also, I finally got to check into Asyra. Apparently there is no one in my area from what I found. I can see where it might help lower your toxic load and in long-term help to control DD.

Blessings and hugs,

Annie

03/29/2012 08:00 AM
wendyew

Hi all, Now I have another one, raspberry keytones, has anyone tried them to help with weight loss? My homeopatic lady is checking to see if my body can handle it. I am sure many of you know how hormones aid in the weigh loss process and can decress biebetes. Well I had no clue untill last month when i found out mine were way out of wack. Debbie put me on something and I lost 5 lbs. first real loss in over 3 yrs. i am not on that set of meds this month ,so she is going to check and see if my hormones are in check. That's all, stay calm and very best wishes,Wendy

03/31/2012 07:49 PM
grandmasylvia
grandmasylvia  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Thanks Wendyew...very interesting..please continue to keep us posted. Thanks Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

04/02/2012 09:28 AM
ryanmasu11

Hello group! Allow me to introduce myself, I am the Chief Research Officer for the Zerona laser, and I have come across this post. First, I have enjoyed reading this discussion. Zerona has been FDA cleared for the non-invasive body contouring of the waist, hips, and thighs. This clearance was granted based on clinical data that shows the reduction of fat cell size. Based on this response, we have been able to report a circumferential reduction of 3.52 inches in two weeks across the waist, hips, and thighs.

We take care to ensure that all prospective Zerona clients have a proper expectation of the results. As a result, when a clinician asks us about a disorder like Dercum's Disease we are unable to say it will benefit the patient because of our cosmetic based claim. Our clinical trials have reported no adverse events, which includes monitoring a patient blood chemistry. However, our clinical trials have only assessed patients from a cosmetic prospective with no specific examination for patient's with Dercum's Disorder.

It is important for us as a company, that patients understand our FDA clearance and have a realistic anticipation regarding their clinical outcome. If you do have any more questions about the technology I would be more than happy to address them for you! I wish you all the best and I have enjoyed reading your comments.

04/03/2012 03:33 AM
grandmasylvia
grandmasylvia  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

ryanmasu11..thanks for your concern. We are rare birds with a rare fat disorder that we are trying to understand ourselves. Feel free to read our posts. I think it would be good for your clinicians to be aware of what DD is and how to spot it in patients. That could help them understand why some treatments that help others do not help us. Research on fat disorders is sadly behind the times and few medical professionals are working on it. We have a wonderful doctor Dr Karen Herbst who is devoted to fat disorders research and some other groups like the Fat Disorders Research Society with many members working toward finding help. You should check out the hyperbaric oxygen chamber Dr Herbst is using...I think you would find it interesting. Let us know if any future research might apply to our Dercum's Disease. Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

04/03/2012 01:58 PM
wendyew

Hi Ryanmusull,I was the one who found Dr. Roe and went to talk to him about Zerona. Let me asure you he explained everything very well and looked at my fat and read my paperwork and we both decided it might not work. I was willing to let him zap 1 lump to see but he is not in the research business and it was too expensive for me to try without knowing. I am speaking for my self , i could care less about the FDA as this thing is so awful and no one has a cure, therefore i will try almost anything except some desusting fast, which i have done and got worse. Dr. Roe was shocked that i was doing the Asyra test which is homeopatic and no FDA. He asked if i knew what i was putting in my body and i told him no,(elm trees,lillys roots) but i didn't care as i am getting my life back a little bit at a time. I also have my vessels lazered to move fluid and that's what started this whole thing it feels wonderful and my legs can move. . If anyone thought it would work i would be the ginny pig for the rest,but I feel once you read the info about DD you will be in a cord with Dr. Roe. Yes, i would love to have my body back to 140 instead of 208 but not if i am going to end up at 240 or more. I love that you took the time to read the posts and it was out of hope that i went on my adventure with Zerone.One last thing i don't know if a Dr. has used Zerona on misshappen fat and not had results ,could have been DD fat (who knows) Again thanks,Wendy Let me know if need a pig ,you got one,!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved