MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/10/2011 06:39 PM

Lumps in the Scalp

jwquilter

Hello all -- I've been catching up on posts from the past several days. I have been developing a BUNCH of lumps on my head. They hurt! Does anyone else have this? I saw Dr. H last week and she said it was part of DD. Bummer. Just curious if anyone else has them.

Joey

11/10/2011 06:57 PM
NavyDiver1
NavyDiver1  

Joey,

I have defiantly heard of others having them. I actually have a small one in my face. I am sorry that this is happening to you. It just goes to show there is no place on the body that goes unsaved.

-Damien-

11/11/2011 06:19 AM
wendyew

Hi Joey , In the last 6 months i also have started getting lumps in my scalp and my skin is very tender. Didn't even tell the Derm DR. he just says its nothing when I ask about lumps. I just figures it was part of the deal. Wendy

01/01/2012 09:55 AM
Cat123
Cat123Posts: 63

Joey, so sorry for you...I have them too and another lump appeared last night while we were watching tv. My head hurts all the time. Waiting for warmer weather and maybe some relief.

Sincerely,

Patricia

01/03/2012 07:29 AM
Tala77WOLF
Tala77WOLF  

Hi all....All I can say, is I have yet to find one on my scalp, but over the past 6 months or so I have had multiple show up on my neck on the right side of my neck...actually had a catscan done as well as I have had some swelling of what was found to be lymph nodes as well in the same location...Testing showed negative results for cancer.... but none the less I have more and more arriving every day. I do have migraines which yes are common for us DD'rs. I am tired all the time, and in pain all of the time, some more than others. I would have to say I have 6+ on the right side of my neck. And may have masses pushing out the lymphnodes to appear more present. The CT scan showed that the "multiple" lymphnodes were larger than average....

So good luck to us all, and may God Bless our new year!

Hope all is well with everyone!

Take Care

Tala

01/05/2012 11:08 PM
grandmasylvia
grandmasylvia  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I have a good feeling about 2012..progress being made. I have not noticed any lumps in my scalp. I have them in my forehead, around my jaw, around my thyroid and big ones in my cheeks. Is the back of your skull where it meets the neck very sore? Mine is painful to the touch. This goes up into the back of my head. I get really painful lumps along and under my jaws. Any bit of fat can form a lipoma anywhere on the body. CT scans show the ones around my thyroid. The one in my left cheek has gotten so big that it pushes the inside of my cheek over my teeth. When I eat it gets bitten in a line along the inside of the cheek no matter how careful I am. I don't want to have it removed as it would be disfiguring. Gotta keep my looks since my health is gone! SmileHugs, Grandma Sylvia

01/06/2012 03:44 PM
DELM
DELM  

I do get some on my scalp. hard to know if lympnodes or DD. I've had a couple on the occipital ridge for years. Can be a little sore but only if pressed..

01/06/2012 06:03 PM
grandmasylvia
grandmasylvia  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

DELM..my wonderful DELM..where have you been? I missed you. I have the little buggers along my ocipital ridge above my eyes. My eye doctor told me he has always wondered about the fat deposits he sees around patient's eyes when he does surgery. He is very interested in DD. We need you back here talking to the new Peeps! All of the newer Peeps are bringing a lot of interesting ideas to our group. Hope your holiday was great! Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

01/07/2012 06:27 PM
lumpybumpy
lumpybumpy  

Hi All,

I've got a fairly new lump above the eye on the ocipital ridge also. It is problem because it is making my eyelid twitch. I guess it could be a good reason to have an eye job done??? Just joking. Celeste.

01/07/2012 07:09 PM
Margie
Margie  

This is such an interesting discussion. I noticed my first lipoma on my arm when I was about 20 yrs old however I have a scar just below and into my eyebrow where as a very young child I had a "growth" removed since it could have caused possible eye problems.

I can't help but wonder if that was DD even way back then - it must have been very noticeable since my parents did not believe in going to the doctors much and had no benefit plan so they must have felt that my eyesight was at risk. I don't have any lipomas on my scalp that I am aware of ... but not looking to hard either...lol.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved