MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/28/2011 07:44 AM

Anyone have involuntary body jerks/movements

myladylumps
myladylumps  

Good morning Everyone...Happy Tuesday :O)

I have been having some very strange symtoms that I always had for the last couple of years (which I told Dr. Herbst on my very first visit) but now it is moving into other weird areas.

I have involuntary violent body jerks/movements for the last couple of years that affect my legs, arms and body torso. Normally it happens when I begin to lay down and rest. It is not the normal body moments that happens when your sleeping OR when you begin to fall asleep, it is totally different and it is very profound and violent is the best way I can describe it.

Now I am having some freaky episodes. One of them serioulsy jerked both my eye balls so hard, they literally felt like they were being forced to pop out my eye sockets. It actually was painful.

Also I have been having just recently involuntary upper neck and head jerks movements. I don't know what to make of this. It is really freaky and scary when it happens. Do anyone have anything like this?

I know I need to let Dr. Herbst know about these new areas and I will do so on my next regular visit scheduled in September, but I was hoping possibly someone has dealt with this same symtom and can shed some enlightment on this matter.

All comments welcomed :O)

Post edited by: myladylumps, at: 06/28/2011 07:45 AM

06/28/2011 09:51 AM
scottie47

Wow LadyLumps! that sounds scary! the most i have are tremors. they come and go. that sounds like serious nerve involvement! I would request to see the good doctor sooner. Call her and explain what is going on. Feel better...

Post edited by: scottie47, at: 06/28/2011 09:52 AM

06/28/2011 11:57 AM
wendyew

Hi Ladylumps, I am so sad for your new symtoms, that sounds really nasty.I had terrible leg jumps early on, I did some accupunture and they stopped. None of my business but I would call Dr. Herbst asap and let her help you.I really hope it stops soon, good luck.Wendy

06/28/2011 04:12 PM
sweetmamaloves

Mylady.....

Just maybe some insight, you know I am not a medical professional...but my thought would be this: Some of our masses of masses press on nerves which could do just that, stimulate the muscles to move instead of causing bodily pain.

I too have had "jerks" of my torso, legs and arms right before I go to sleep.... I have had these since I was a child. More now as an adult. I was laying in bed with my daughter as she loves to sleep with her ma ma (good snuggles) and I jumped and kicked.....I am glad she was asleep otherwise I might have freaked her out.

Do as suggested, maybe email Dr. H.....

Much love, and take care!

Jean

06/28/2011 06:10 PM
ArtsyAnnie

HI All,

I have them too (except for the eyes) and have had them for years. Sometimes it it like I am a mental patient with all the jerking - glad it is at night! I agree with Jean - the fibrous 'rope' and the lypomas wrap the nerves and the veins - I don't know exactly what this causes.

When I feel this coming on I take a low level neurontin (100 mg) and they ease up. I have also found that taking minerals - potassium, calcium, magnesium - about an hour before I go to bed helps - have no idea why except that minerals are involved with nerve function. When I was on the regime of anti-biotics, anti-virals, and anti-fungals they did stop almost completely. So I don't think we can rule out infection either.

A few years ago they ran a bunch of neurological tests on my legs - when they were done I felt like I had been in a POW camp with electrical shock. And of course they found nothing and my legs keep on jerking.

I, too, agree with contacting Dr. Herbst. If anyone has any insight, it is she.

Maybe we should put together a DD Jerk Dance and post it on UTube. It would get attention for many reasons (especially if anyone else has the obesity that I do) - - -

Hugs to you. thanks for sharing

Annie

06/28/2011 07:57 PM
gma2011
gma2011  

I just recently started having these, they aren't too bad, not yet anyway. I first noticed it about a week ago when I laid down for a nap and couldn't fall asleep because as soon as I thought I was getting relaxed enough to drift off my body would jerk like it would if I was in a deep sleep and dreaming I was falling, but I wasn't dreaming, I wasn't even asleep. I now continue to occasionally have these body jerks when I lay down to rest.

06/28/2011 08:09 PM
myladylumps
myladylumps  

Scottie47...so good to hear from you.

Thank you!, for being so kind and responding to my question. I am going to take your suggestion and call Dr. Herbst and leave her message about what I have been experiencing. I pray she is not too busy (which she is always is extremely busy that poor thing) and will return my message. I will keep you posted.

Take care and be well my friend :O)

Post edited by: myladylumps, at: 06/28/2011 08:10 PM

06/28/2011 08:12 PM
sweetmamaloves

I know its not funny Annie, but you made me smile! It was a cute comment!

Yes Celeste, it is as if you took the words out of my mouth! That is what has happened to me as well from about the age of 8 or so. Recently as well I was laying in bed with a boyfriend and I kicked him so hard with my ankle that it hurt me as well!

Oh more to come as we discuss these things that happen to us....nerves pain, toxicity, blah blah blah!

Welcome to our world, right?!

Smile

Have a wonderful evening fellow DD'ers!

06/28/2011 08:15 PM
myladylumps
myladylumps  

Hi Wendyew....thanks for being so kind in responding and sharing information and the suggestion on calling Dr. Herbst. I am going to act on your and others suggestioned and at least call her and leave her a message about my symptoms. I have nothing to lose with calling her and hopefully will gain some insight.

Wishing you pain free days sunshine and take care :o)

06/28/2011 08:29 PM
myladylumps
myladylumps  

Hi Sweetmamaloves...by the way, I like your screen name :o)

Thank you too for being so kind and responding to my question. Sounds like some of you have experienced this in some sort of fashion. I also believe that the DD is the culprit of my diagnosis back in my early twenties of my mitro valve prolapse, which as only gotten worse as well. About 4-months ago, I was brought to the emergency hospital with inverted t-waves and was asked to see a cardiologist the following Monday. Well, I went to see the Cardiologist and never did go back to do my EKG and Ultra Sound (was way too expensive at the time and I don't have any insurance)that he wanted me to do, since the last time that I had done that was back in my early twenties when the original Cardiologist diagnosed me with the mitro valve prolapse. I know...my bad. I will save up my pennies and make an appointment this year with GODs help.

Anyway...I agree that the masses are pressing on nerves, especially on my spine and I have quite a lot right on the spine itself OR on either side along my spine and very close to it. I also am seeing some of these lumps on my face. They are very small but you can see them clearly.

So I will leave a message with Dr. Herbst and see what she says. Hopefully I won't have to wait for my scheduled regular appointment this September.

Take care mamacita and GOD BLESS :o) and thanks again so much.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved