MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/08/2011 07:31 AM

Human Growth Hormone

carerob
carerob  

I just finished reading an article I found on the Yahoo DD group's website about Human Growth Hormone treatment. Is this a treatment any of you have researched, heard of, used? The article made it sound like an effective treatment but I have not seen it discussed in any other articles I have read. This particular article was written in 2004, I would like to think that if it were a viable option, more would have been discovered since then. Your thoughts?

06/08/2011 08:03 AM
NavyDiver1
NavyDiver1  

I had a friend who did HGH Therapy. He didn't have DD but he went from over 350lbs to like 230. But it was very expensive! Another thing is you have to find a good HGH clinic. Let me get a hold of him and I will get the clinic he went to.

06/08/2011 09:51 AM
NavyDiver1
NavyDiver1  

http://www.cenegenics.com/index.php

Check out this link. Like I said before it is very expensive.

06/08/2011 05:58 PM
grandmasylvia
grandmasylvia  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I saw claims for HGH where I worked and it was very expensive. If you have an out-of-pocket limit on your health insurance it might be feasible. The pediatric endocrinologist my daughter works for has pediatric patients taking it for short stature but insurance will only cover it if it is really necessary and not experimental. I don't know of anyone using it for DD although I have heard it mentioned. Until it is a proven treatment you would probably have to pay out-of-pocket. I don't think a hormonal component has been definitely made with DD. Thanks for the info NavyDiver1..Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

06/08/2011 06:20 PM
carerob
carerob  

Thanks so much for your replies. I know that a lot of "medical weight loss" centers around here are using HgH as part of thier treatment, but I hadn't heard of it in relation to DD until I saw this on the Yahoo site. I guess it makes me somewhat skeptical since the areticale was written in 2004 and no newer information I have read mentions its use. I am attaching the article here is anyone is interested.
File Attachment:
File name: Dercum_s_for_Dummies___2004_edition.pdf
File size:159015 bytes

06/08/2011 06:37 PM
sweetmamaloves

Maybe there isn't much relation to DD because it isn't a "normal" fat that is produced....

HHHHMMmmmmmm......

06/08/2011 09:50 PM
ArtsyAnnie

HI All,

For what it is worth - about two years ago I had some very long talks with the physician I was working with at the fibro-fatigue clinic. He was beyond VERY knowledgeable. He told me that he absolutely would NOT put me on any of these hormones because of the relationship to cancer. And he believed that it would not help DD (only his belief).

He did give me shots of immune globulin. And it did help my immune system (which was in really bad shape). The results were not life changing, "I am healed," but they helped. In particular in helped me fight off infections and colds bettr. And I got some energy back at the cellular level.

Because of my respect for his knowledge and experinces, I would never try the hormones unless there was a boatload of scientific evidence in favor of it.

Jean, I suspect you may be right about the 'not normal fat".

Again, FYI: the thing that helped my WHOLE system the most in everything that I have tried was IV treatments with anti-fungal drugs. For me, I believe this is related to my systemic candida. Which I believe is a big part of my DD in some way - again, my belief based on what has worked over the years.

So - FYI

If anyone can find a magic wand for Dr. H - you can usually find her in San Diego!

ArtsyAnnie

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved