MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/27/2011 12:40 AM

Neck lymph massage video; Toronto clinic

ArtsyAnnie

Hi,

For those with lymph build up I just found a terrific video which shows a neck lumph massage that you can do -- it is excellent!

The site is a physiiotherapy clinic in Toronto that deals with lymphedema - for all you Canadian frinds looking for places - good luck. Here is the link - you might to cut and paste it.

Artsy Annie

You can do this while sitting in the car for all of you commuters!!

http://www.torontophysiotherapy.ca/services/ toronto_lymphedema_treatment.html#lymphedema_video

Cool

05/27/2011 03:55 AM
grandmasylvia
grandmasylvia  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Great video Annie..I just finished doing the treatment. I have always had swollen glands in my neck and they never go completely away. The swell like crazy if I get sick. The dentist was just commenting on how I bite my cheeks. I think the lipomas that are getting bigger in my cheeks are making it hard to eat without biting myself. I know of at least one other DD friend that has them doing the same thing as mine. I also have a lot of lipomas around my thyroid. I get more every ultrasound. My arms are so short that I can't reach the massage she said to do on your upper back..too bad as my hump is just huge! I wonder if lymphatic massage would help to keep the lump from growing for those who do not have a big old hump yet! Thanks so much Annie! Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

05/27/2011 08:33 AM
jlou
jlou  

Thanks Annie! That is great. Got to get that lymph fluid moving.

05/27/2011 06:40 PM
sweetmamaloves

KUDOS~

05/28/2011 12:25 PM
scottie47

I tried it! it feels good at least!

Gma- my endocrinologist found what he thinks are some lipomas around my thyroid too.. do they cause you a lot of problems?

05/28/2011 11:51 PM
grandmasylvia
grandmasylvia  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Scottie...I always have painful lumps in my cheeks and neck and around my jaw line. I don't know if the lumps go along with Hashimoto's or not. They are painful just like all DD lumps. If you press on them they feel like our other lumps but seem to be more painful...I don't think that they are anything to worry about. I do think it is odd that I had these enlarged glands on the side of my neck since I was a kid. I have trouble swallowing sometimes..especially soup..like a lot of us do. All of them on each side of your throat are very tender. Hope you don't get any more! Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved