MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/24/2011 07:08 PM

Do you have a delayed reaction to stress?

keeter

I have been groaning this evening feeling like I got run over and trying to figure out what caused that. Then I remembered that something happened Sunday that really upset me. I counted - one- two- three.... Yep, it's the third day after the event and I am feeling it. That has happened to me for quite a while. Does anybody else notice that happening?

05/24/2011 07:33 PM
Margie
Margie  

Wow, Diane, that is really interesting. I have never considered a delayed response and only generally think about what I did the previous day. I'm going to try journaling again and will watch for that. I'm really curious now .... anybody else notice this?

05/25/2011 04:56 PM
sweetmamaloves

I notice I will be extremely tired after something happens for about a week. It is exhausting. Lately I have been stressed anyway.

But also I go through periods of insomnia, and then I am exhausted for a while as well...

05/25/2011 11:34 PM
ArtsyAnnie

HI All,

I have it. For me it involves adrenal insufficiency and is also connected to my iron levels. The stress must lower both of these - a lot!

Annie

05/26/2011 06:02 AM
keeter

Annie, that is an interesting connection! I had never thought of it as affecting anyhing else. Good to know someone else sees that happening!

Diane

05/26/2011 11:26 AM
RitaB
RitaB  

I certainly have delayed reactions to stress!

05/26/2011 03:57 PM
jlou
jlou  

I get very sick after a period of stress. I got really sick after my first wedding (that is why this new one will be as stress free as possible). I got really sick this year after my work audit and team changes (I landed in the hospital with the flu and pnuemonia). I try to calm myself but sure enough it always gets me.

05/26/2011 04:29 PM
sweetmamaloves

I mist be having a delayed reation to stress, because about 3 weeks ago I had a severe sinus infection, and it never really went away and is slowly coming back into full swing! ugh! Antibiotics again, I will be picking the up tomorrow!

Maybe that is why my brain is on auto-pilot!

05/27/2011 08:42 AM
jlou
jlou  

Oh, Jean, I hope you get over it soon. I hardly react to antibiotics anymore so it takes me longer to get over things as well.

05/27/2011 08:50 AM
keeter

I had one of those a few years ago. The doctor finally gave me a whopper of an antibiotic and that cleared it up. Or my recent "cure" - cry real hard until all the green snot gets out. Laughing Yes, you can all go ewwwwww!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved