MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/21/2010 05:11 PM

Cobroxin

jlou
jlou  

Has anyone tried Cobroxin? I have to say I am intrigued. It is an all natural pain relief in mouth spray or gel (ointment) form. Its active ingredient is cobra venom. It is a sponsor for the Arthritis Foundation. I guess it is based on an old Chinese medicine but now can be found OTC at drug stores like Walgreen's.

They are claiming it helps headaches, arthritis pain, muscle and joint pain, its non-narcotic, non-adictive, and stronger than morphine. I just can't get away from really wanting to try it an at $15 I think I just might. Just wanted to know if anyone else has heard of it or tried it. I am really kind of freaked out that cobra venom would help pain. EEK!!!

12/22/2010 03:44 AM
keeter

EEK! is right! Ewww..... You be the brave one and let us know how it works. And if you start hissing.... Laughing

12/24/2010 08:46 AM
starrymama

Hm, have you mentioned it to your Doc? Reminds me of the people on TV who said bee stings helped them. Must be something to it just not sure.

Hugs,

Jude

12/24/2010 11:55 AM
jlou
jlou  

It does sound nutty to me but I think I may try it. I always ask my doctor first though or at least my acupuncturist. I'll wait until I talk to them.

12/24/2010 01:55 PM
grandmasylvia
grandmasylvia  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Janet..Byetta is lizzard venom and they are using it to control diabetes. I could not take it as I tried three times and it made me vomit every time I ate but a lot of people lost weight on it. Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

02/24/2011 05:39 PM
mem8811

Post edited by: Rxxdoc, at: 11/07/2013 04:15 AM

02/25/2011 02:20 AM
grandmasylvia
grandmasylvia  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

RXXDOC..Hi..how hare you doing on the Cobroxin? We would be interested in hearing if it helps you. This group is a support group for Dercum's Disease which is a disease of the lymphatic system and the main symptom is multiple very painful lumps in our fat layer. We also have a lot of the same symptoms as fibromyalgia patients. Many of us are in constant pain as our DD has progressed to that level. A lot aren't in constant pain as their DD has not progressed to that extent. At the present time..no cure is present for DD..so we are interested in any pain control we can find to help us. I wish you well in your quest. Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

02/25/2011 01:51 PM
keeter

Rxxdoc, you aren't far off with the chronic pain since we do have that! I think we all would love to know how your test works. We're all for finding ways to ease pain naturally.

Thanks,

Diane

02/25/2011 10:13 PM
ArtsyAnnie

HI rxxdoc and welcome - some good advice for pain on this forum.

My husband has the same disease you have - six neurological spinal surgeries so far. I wiah you well in finding some help - he takes a lot of tylenol and some other meds that are not narcotics - muscle relaxants help.

ArtsyAnnie

03/10/2011 06:09 PM
starrymama

Hm did you try it yet??

Im thinking of it.

Jude

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved