MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/13/2010 06:11 PM

Right Side Pain

jlou
jlou  

OK, lost the discussion from the other day but we were all wondering why we get more pain on the right than the left. Oddly enough, I questioned my acupuncturist who told me that all the "hollow" organs in Chinese medicine are on the right side. Lungs, large intestine and stomach (even though it is physically on our left side its pulse, every organ in TCM has its on pulse is felt on the right side). These are the organs that are always working and in Traditional Chinese Medicine it would make sense that our disease (which is cold/damp) would be felt more on the right side of our torso.

Strange, huh???

10/13/2010 07:46 PM
ArtsyAnnie

HI

I have done some work in mind-body healing. The LEFT side of my body is where most of the excruiting pain is - even though I have a ton of lypomas on the right side that hurt (and that is where they could first be seen).

In thes studies, the left side of the body is the 'female' side and the right side is the 'male side. Where we are the weakest and strongest is realated to the issues we have had in life that are related to our maleness and femaleness.

In my case, I had a very emotionally abuse mother who did not want me and an emotionally absent father that I knew loved me; her constant abuse weakened my left side and made it vulnerable to disease; his was more neutral.

I have tested this theory quite a few times by asking people questions that related to illness or acidents and these issues - it has not failed me yet.

Just some more thoughts for you - - -

ArtsyAnnie

Post edited by: ArtsyAnnie, at: 10/13/2010 07:50 PM

10/14/2010 05:39 AM
keeter

Hey Annie! I'm so glad you are back posting! Sorry you felt bad for so long but awfully glad you are up to writing again!

Wow! Those are somewhat opposing theories and yet they both make sense. And you know what? Sometimes my right side hurts more and sometimes my left does! I will have to try to watch to see if there is a triggering event that would relate to one or the other. That is really fascinating to think about!!! Thank you both for checking into this!

How about the rest of you? Do you have similar experiences?

Hugs,

Diane

10/14/2010 06:51 AM
scottie47

This is interesting! I recently posted that my pain is starting to increase. My sister has recently undergone another weight loss surgery which i begged her not to have done..Could i just be stressed over that?

Annie, im really interested in learning more about that whole male/female, left/right side theory.. i too have abuse issues that are not as resolved as i thought they were.. could it be i have internalized it and created this disease in me? I read somewhere, that Dercums may be related to trauma, both physical and emotional. Sad

10/14/2010 11:27 AM
keeter

Sarah, stop before you beat yourself too hard!!! You can't CREATE the disease. It's in you and trauma can bring it out. Or hormones. Or surgery. Or steroids. Or whatever else we have been seeing trigger it.

Yes, stress can cause pain and exacerbate both symptoms and growth. So QUIT STRESSING!!!! That was SO MUCH easier to say than do! Laughing

Hugs,

Diane

10/14/2010 01:36 PM
scottie47

LOL! Ok Diane! Ill stop beating myself up but that male/female, left/right side is interesting tho!

10/14/2010 07:14 PM
sweetmamaloves

I had a surgery to remove some masses from both my right side and my left side. When I woke up I had more pain coming from the incision site on my right side! I think my right side pain was pretty much just from nerve damage now due incision! but that is just my story...and ya I'm stickin to it!

10/16/2010 02:55 AM
grandmasylvia
grandmasylvia  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

So does that mean that my left-handed grandson will be gay? Hey..my gay friends know how to take a joke! I know my husband...all 6'6" 330 pounds of him..should get in touch with his feminine side..so does that mean that I should get in touch with my masculine side? Do I have to watch football? Well here in Buckeye country it is mandatory. Go Bucks! Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved