MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/22/2010 11:38 AM

cold hands and feet

NickieB
NickieB  

Hi I am wondering do any of you suffer with your hands and feet feeling like ice? It is only when it is really warm do my feet and hands finally warm up. I have had my feet get so cold under the blankets that it has woken me up and drove me to take a hot hot shower to warm them back up. I then put a hot water bottle on them.

Long live summer. Smile

08/22/2010 12:47 PM
BrenV
BrenV  

I have very cold hands and feet. My feet are worse than my hands. It doesn't matter the season.

08/22/2010 07:38 PM
NickieB
NickieB  

I am sorry BrenV. I can say that if it is 90+ outside my hands and feet finally get warm. Smile However as soon as it cools off for the day so do my hands and feet

08/23/2010 03:55 AM
grandmasylvia
grandmasylvia  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Interesting question Nickie...My feet are usually cold but I have diabetic neuropathy in my feet and hands. What scares me is that I have venous stasis in my feet and legs so the blood is not circulating to my extremities like it should and that is very dangerous for diabetics. My hands have had something wrong for many years..since I was in my early twenties. The palms get bright red if I use my hands at all. And I mean bright red. My grandson has Raynauds Syndrome and his hands get very cold. He has to be careful in the winter. Cold hands can also be from thyroid trouble..I have Hashimoto thyroditis..Thyroid problems are common in DD. Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

08/24/2010 02:37 PM
jennyw
jennywPosts: 146

I was diagnosed with raynaud's when I was a kid. It usually bothers me in the winter and I can't stay outside for long at all. But, I notice that my feet, in particular, get cold. I always have to have socks on and just now I put on my slippers because my bare feet were getting chilly (not supposed to be walking around in bare feed since I have diabetes, too!). I think cold hands and feet could be from poor circulation.

08/24/2010 03:12 PM
sweetmamaloves

I always have cold hands and feet, and I suffer so badly in winter time too...

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved