MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/08/2012 12:17 PM

Do You Sweat Like A Pig?(page 2)

wendyew

Hi Cargo 23 , I don't know when you had your vit. D checked, mine had been really low since i got DD. When I take the pill50,000 to bring the level up i get red all over and sweat to the point everything is wet. Not even the Dr. knows how to regulate it.

05/08/2012 12:35 PM
ali91
ali91Posts: 178

Just got prescribed Topamax...any ideas?

Alison

05/08/2012 12:38 PM
cargo23

That's interesting. I did just recently start taking a vitamin D supplement, but I also have been sweating profusely for about 3 years now. Do you know if other folks with Dercum's Disease have low Vitamin D levels?

05/08/2012 12:47 PM
ChloeFM

I know I got mine checked last year when all my health problems came to a head and my count was an 8. My gp said she had never seen one so low. It's supposed to be around 30 I think.

05/09/2012 05:11 AM
scottie47

My Vit D level is chronically low and I take a supplement everyday!

@ ali91, Topomax is generally for migraines, but it can help with other types of pain i guess... My endocrinologist was thinking about prescribing it to me for weight loss which is a side effect of the med...Did you doc prescribe it for pain or something else?

05/09/2012 05:59 AM
cargo23

Ali91...was the Topomax prescribed for excessive sweating?

05/09/2012 06:37 AM
ali91
ali91Posts: 178

The Topomax will supposedly help reduce sensitivity to pain...saw a rotten pain doc yesterday who prescribed it...minimized the DD to a "phenomena" that "won't hurt you". Won't consider IV Lidocaine at all. Pssshhh. Back looking for a new pain clinic! But will try to Topomax...gabapentin made me hungrier than I've ever been in my life! Gosh, not what I need! And so the med maze continues.

Sunny here now, finally. Have a great day!

Alison

05/10/2012 03:59 AM
grandmasylvia
grandmasylvia  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Yup..my Vit D was very low and I had to take the mega dose for a few weeks. Most women they test have low Vit D. I can take the Vit D the Niacin..vit B made me flush so bad I was on fire. I will not take it again..it says it won't cause flushing but it sure did on me. I was miserable for a day..I tried it again..the same thing. I was bright red and itched from head to toe. Sorry about the rotten doc ali91. We need a list of the "bad" doctors but they would probably sue us. You may get used to the Gabapentin..it took me awhile but I have gained more weight...more of me to love. I would like to see the mu-mu come back. Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

05/12/2012 07:06 PM
lumpysoftee

I have the same problems with sweating. It's usually limited to my head, but not when I sleep. I can wake up in a complete body sweat. Also, my hands do the red, extremely HOT thing, too!! Didn't know some of you suffered with that. That's been all my life...oddly, it all started when I was 16 with my hands. I got itty bitty "blister-like" things on my fingers, near the knuckle. When they showed up, they were so teeny only I could see them and feel their itchiness, but when I squeezed them, clear liquid came out...like a blister! Since then, my hands have a very red color on the palms only, and they get soooo hot.

As for the rest of the body-sweating, I think I'm the one person I know that takes regular cold showers. I'll even take the hot shower, but then finish off with cold water or I will sweat for hours, negating the whole reason for the shower. This happens during the winter just as it does for the summer. Doesn't make a difference. Sorry for the ramble, just excited to not be alone...again.

05/13/2012 08:10 PM
Painisme

Wow, my head sweats like crazy, it just runs down my head, even in my scalp. Talk about a hair do destroyer. Also the sweating has put an end to the makeup. That is not all bad... Another strange thing is a "salty" eyebrow. Above the eye lid, under the brow is reddish, rough and tender!

Grandma Sylvia, do you know were a person could get a dress shield? I would love to get them to wear with my compression garments, being Dr Herbst almost wants us to live in the garments!

Is anyone else into the compression garments and MLD massage? Rough road to go, but I do find relief.

Managing, Miss Betty

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved