MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/27/2010 06:29 AM

What do you think - (re. the toxins mentioned in s

Varna
Varna  

I watched the DD show about Jake last night. Wondering about a couple of things...first, I'm still confused about the chronic pain issue. I have all the other symptoms, but not the chronic pain that requires prescription pain meds. My pain is sporadic - sometimes so intense I can't even talk. The other pain is the flu-like, achey pain that comes on very, very strong - (I call it a flare) - and I can't do anything except rest. So...I really don't know if I qualify for DD, since Dr. Herbst said it's the pain that is a criteria.

The info. she gave about the toxins is interesting and very scary. I have what they called "liver cysts" all over my liver. Do you think my liver isn't processing the toxins out properly and that's why I'm getting all these cysts, along with all the other lipomas? And, do you think, then, if we all eat the very best foods we can (organic, with no chemicals whatever - which would be pretty difficult, but we could do it) - don't you think it would help? If we don't put any toxins into our body, maybe the lipomas will stop. Maybe our bodies are just more sensitive to chemical additives in things like shampoo, cosmetics, lotions etc...what do you think? Or, is it that our own bodies are making things toxic within ourselves and that's why the lipomas are forming?

Also, very upsetting to know that only more lipomas will form if we get them removed...but then, I read some people have had a lump removed successfully with no recurrence. So, no way to tell who will benefit from removal or not, then?

Fighting the lipoma battle,

Varna

06/27/2010 08:47 AM
lumpybumpy
lumpybumpy  

Varna,

do you have lumps that hurt when you press on them? I believe that is the pain criteria that is the difference between DD and just fatty tumors or regular lypomas.

Sporatic intense pain is common with DD. Personally I think that alot of us have the chronic pain everyday and then have sporatic high pain episodes. We learn to live with our chronic daily pain. Some of us have learned very well how to go without using so much pain medication. Over the years we have learned what we can and cannot do that causes flares of the intense pain. I didn't realize how much chronic pain I was having until lidocaine was used during 2 surgeries I had, that left me with 3 days of total pain releif. Then the chronic pain returned and I then knew how much pain I have learned to live with on a daily basis.

I also have what is called liver cysts or a chronic non-alcholic fatty liver. there are several of us on this site who also have DD and have this liver disorder. I personally think that it is related to DD, eventhough, it is not proven. What it amounts to is we have DD fat accumilation in our liver and the Dr.s don't know why we have it, nor do they know how to get rid of the fat. Diet and exercise will not remove this from a person with DD. Diet and exercise only makes the DD lumps and pain get worse.

I have to be very careful when I get a stomach flu because I easily go into liver failure.

Hope you have a low pain day. Hugs, Celeste.

06/27/2010 10:03 PM
Varna
Varna  

thank you, Celeste. I don't know anything else about my liver than that - I have to get it checked out. But - they said my liver was covered with them when they were counting kidney stones...I'd better make an appt. and get a going-over, I guess.

Some of my lipomas hurt when pressed - or if I lean on anything they hurt. Some hurt alot more than others, yet, some don't hurt at all. But, one thing is for sure and it's scaring me and making me so depressed, and that is that there are more of them and they are turning black and blue so they're more noticeable. I want to work out my arms with little weights for summer - but I don't want to make the lipomaz worse...I just wanted to try to tone up, but now I don't know if I zhould.

xo

Varna

06/28/2010 06:02 AM
jlou
jlou  

Varna - I didn't have chronic pain (menaing constantly every day) until a few years ago. Actually I did have pain but it wasn't as noticeable as it is now because it snuck up on me. I could say I was pain-free but looking back now I know that there was always something. I would also definitely have "flare-ups" where for a period of time I would have pain. The only reason I have pain constantly now is that I took that last dose of prednisone for my asthma which pushed me over the edge. As long as you stay away from certain things and try to eat healthy and all that, you may never get to the point of having pain every day but I believe chronic pain can come and go also. If you have more pain than not for a long period of time, that is chronic (time depends upon the docs definition) but you may actually have more than you think.

I don't know if that is making any sense. I just know that I did not have it daily but it would come and go but I still felt tired and maybe a little pain here and there that I dwuld just shrug off because it wasn't as bad as when I had a "flare up".

If you do yoga or stretching and don't over do everyday, you should be fine exercising. You'll know if you are over doing it. Just take it easy.

Janet

06/28/2010 02:33 PM
Varna
Varna  

yes, I know what you mean about the pain not as bad sometimes- like now, I ache a little, compared to other days when I'm O-u-t- meaning, can't do anything except sit there with a blanket pain. I was hoping to lift some small weights to tone my arms - I just don't want to make the lipomas worse - can exercise do that, do you know - targeting a specific area - if so, I won't do it. I'm trying to make myself look better, not worse, lol.

Varna

06/28/2010 03:05 PM
jlou
jlou  

I think that you should do all you can when you can. My experience is that I feel the lumps coming on with kind of an itching burn in that area. I exercised alot up until I got bad 2 years ago and it sis not make the lumps get bigger at that time but getting a bit of exercise in should not bother you too much. I did a lot of weights and I do have a few lumps in my arms and they did not seem to get worse then. I think the exercise is not the issue - it is pushing ourselves that makes it worse. Pushing too much with anything: exercise, walking, stress, eating, etc.

Varna, if I was you I would try to do in a moderate level and your body will let you know if you are doing too much. Just don't push it too far. I still try to do a little here and there and now with the pool open, I plan on getting some exercise in. Look into yoga because it actually builds muscles in a moderate way and you basically can slowly move up the level with it. I still do a little myself.

I hope this helps. Just take care and listen to what your body is telling you.

06/28/2010 05:58 PM
Varna
Varna  

Thanks, Jlou. I do want to start the small weights so it's good to hear you don't think more lipomas formed from that. Yes, you are right- I have learned I have to take it easier, esp. since I'd broken my leg and can't do as before even w/out the DD problem. Swimming, stretching, walking - (that alone is a real blessing after not being able to walk for so long) - those are right up my alley...and hopefully, just a little weights for my arms.

Have a good night and thank you for helping!

Varna

06/28/2010 11:34 PM
ArtsyAnnie

Varna,

My progress was some pain and then a few years ago it hit hard. Everyone is different - I believe that somehow it is connected to how toxic our system really is. I always have itcing and needle pain when lumps ar forming - and sometimes it is just there too.

If you have a naturopathic doctor in your area, you might want to talk to him/her about a liver cleanse. You will need a lesser one to start because a 'big' cleanse will make you sick. Just sharing what I have learned. By the way, I hope you know that if you have a toxic liver you should not take Tylenol.

Best wishes,

Annie

06/29/2010 07:12 AM
Varna
Varna  

Thank you, Annie. Tylenol does nothing for me, so I never take it anyway anymore. A liver cleanse? I will look into that - don't know anything about it. I am trying to eat very healthily - even more so now. Is our body making toxins on its' own, or is it more that our bodies are inefficient in breaking down the toxins/chemicals we put into ourselves? Do you know?

Have a good day,

Varna

06/29/2010 11:53 PM
ArtsyAnnie

HI Varna,

I have been through DD-related bi-lateral lung collapse with heart failure and toxins were major players; so was low potassium and low iron. I think the answer to your question is "all of the above".

Because I have had DD all my life along with major stressors, I also have environmental illness which involves toxins - reading about this might help you understand more.

There is something known as 'toxic load' - pretty much how full your system is full of toxins. You seldom hear a regular doctor talk about this but doctors who use natural medicine in their practice and naturopathic doctors are very aware of it and will talk about it - these are few and far between but a joy when you find one.

There is a book THE FAT FLUSH PLAN by Ann Louise Gittleman, M.S., C.N.S., that gives an excellent description and information about this.

the toxic load is influenced by medication, hormones, minerals, environmental exposures,stress, and insulin levels to name a few. I can tell you that I have learned that certain foods which I eat contribute to this toxic load. when I eat milk and bread (yeast) they increase my load dramatically.

Each person is different so you have to become very aware of how you are reacting to things - funny feelings, heart palpitations, feeling instantly tired or exhausted, dissiness, heart burn, and stomach or intestional pain are some indicators. You must become your body's best friend!

Best of luck, the more you learn the better you can combat parts of this disease.

Annie

As always, do not do any of this without talking to your doctor. There are places where you go for detox but I can tell you that I have heard of people dieing at some of them. Begin with kowledge!

Post edited by: ArtsyAnnie, at: 06/30/2010 12:26 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved