MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/25/2012 07:08 PM

VataVibe - vibration machines

ali91
ali91Posts: 178

Okay gang, this is where having you all out there is so helpful (well, one of the ways, as there are many!). I stepped onto a VataVibe machine today - where you stand there and the machine you are standing on vibrates and shakes. I was on about 5 minutes...certainly felt the painful fat shaking around, and afterwards DID feel like I had been walking for miles!

They say (note "they"Wink it works well for chronic pain.

Have any of you tried these things? My mom has Fibro, and Nerve Pain from shingles, and she swears by it.

But she does not have DD. There is a difference!

Please share if you have or are using one.

Thanks all!

Alison

10/26/2012 10:35 AM
DELM
DELM  

I use one and like it a lot seemed to give me more energy. I am considering purchasing one for home right now I am using one in a chiropractors office once a week. I also know a woman with DD who has used one for 3 years and absolutely swears by it.

10/26/2012 01:20 PM
ali91

Thank you! I think I will buy one for home...yesterday's 5 minutes have not caused an increase in pain - the woman I talked to uses hers for 30 minutes a day - something to work up to! I like that you can sit on it too...do not have to stand. However, the 5 minutes I did, I did not feel my usual plantar/soles of my feet pain at all...however was rather distracted by the incredible feeling of the vibration - not pleasant, but not aversive, either. And everyone I've asked speaks highly of the benefits...

10/28/2012 09:35 AM
Garburt

This is really great. My friends at this site and my family at home all working to improve our fat disorder. I have been researching how the Lymph system works and it is crucial that we stay as active as possible because the movement and pressure changes against this lymph system is how it pumps the toxins out of our tissues. It does not have a heart to pump but is similar with multiple check valves. I just found out my daughter bought my wife and I one of these vibrator machines. It has been in my spare bedroom for 2 weeks without my knowledge of even getting it. I have not used it yet because I just found it. I went to the web site http://www.dztfitness.com/home.php I have a concern about my weight. I need to lose 20 lbs in order not to over load it. Don't get me wrong. I know the lipomas do not go away but I do know the pain can be reduced when I am not sick with any kind of flu,cold,infection,etc. The lymph system has to work to keep the things that inflame the lipomas out of the tissues. The vibrating machine will help to do this.Laughing

Post edited by: Garburt, at: 10/28/2012 09:47 AM

10/28/2012 08:28 PM
grandmasylvia
grandmasylvia  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

DELM..thanks for your valuable feedback. I haven't used one myself but I would like to try it. I think some chiros have them in their offices. I need to check out the web site. Alison..do you know how much it costs? I wonder if insurance would help pay for one. Hug, Grandma Sylvia

10/29/2012 07:16 AM
wendyew

This is so interesting ,however i am interested in how you feel down the road ie several days later ,weakness ache,more swellings. If it works and you keep getting stronger and it moves fluid this could be huge! Please keep us posted. I am going to call the pain management clinic and see if they have it and get any information i can. Lets really try and keep up on this . breaking down fat is not a good thing and if this happens more tumors will form thus more pain etc. Fluid movement we may have a shot at getting rid of it.worth a try. Garburt let us know please, Wendy

10/29/2012 07:17 AM
ali91

I heard the machines can be considered "medical" in the US...not likely here. I will buy the home version - $900.00 here, plus our great Canadian taxes!

10/29/2012 03:58 PM
wendyew

Really want to know how long you have been doing it and are you having any bad side affects? Lot of money if 3 weeks down the road things go south. I really want it to work but i know what happens if you make DD mad. please keep me posted and good luck. Wendy

11/20/2012 02:26 PM
cta7978b
cta7978bPosts: 341

Anyone buy one yet? Any recommendations? I'm shopping for my x-mas present. I hate shopping for exercise equipment, so much overpriced junk out there.

Post edited by: cta7978b, at: 11/20/2012 02:27 PM

11/20/2012 05:03 PM
Garburt

I've only used mine twice. I just can't get into the routine. I have a hard enough time making time to swim after work. That one I do 3 times a week and it feels great. I get home and just want to sleep. Sorry I'm not helpful yet on an opinion.Ermm

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved