MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/01/2012 11:43 AM

Happy New Year!

mamajo
mamajo  
Group Leader

Well, it's January 1st, 2012! A tough year for a lot of us is past and we have hope for the future.

Looking back, what are your hopes, dreams or plans for 2012?

As for me - my hope is my daughter's chronic pain issues and migraines get better. I know things can get better for her! My plan is to get her graduated from high school; to have her write out her plans and dreams for this next year. I know she's afraid of life past high school, so I also hope to help her move on to the next phase. It will be a year of change I think.

Another hope is for me to get called back to work. I'm enjoying unemployment, but also realize we can't afford it forever (as much as I would love to retire! ha!).

Hope to hear from all of you! Sideways

02/12/2012 03:34 PM
marblelily
marblelily  

I'm hoping to figure out how to handle life haha. I'm finding that being in college is a constant reminder that I have to find something to do with my life. I just get so overwhelmed, I feel like I should have so many options, but then all you ever hear in the news is unemployment. I'm terrified I won't get a job and I will either graduate and be stuck somewhere, unable to afford anything, and jobless, OR I'll have to go home a pathetically live with my mom. I have all these dreams (I would LOVE to live in another country, my current thought is Ireland) but I'm afraid nothing is going to work out. Even and internship would be nice, but them I am just working for no pay, which isn't really all that convenient. Meanwhile here I am, collecting debt and struggling to find someone who will employ a part-time student. Turns out that isn't the most appealing offer haha!

So, my hope for 2012 is that I can just relax, enjoy where I am in life, and try not to stress about the future!

02/12/2012 09:50 PM
mamajo
mamajo  
Group Leader

I hope you are able to do that - stress is a huge factor in so many illnesses...I know its hard to relax and take one day at a time, but it also helps when you can do it. Write out your goals and then keep thinking of ways to achieve them, one small step at a time Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved