MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/10/2010 09:19 AM

WHAT IS THE LAST BOOK YOU READ(page 2)

samb1988
samb1988  

Gramybear, I have not read anything by James Patterson, though my mom has many books by him (she is a big reader too). I have heard about the Alex Cross series, but like I said, I haven't read any. I haven't even seen them on the TV either. I guess I might just have to browse through my moms books.

Have you ever read anything by Nora Roberts? I haven't read many of her books, but my mom loves her. I did read a series by her though, it is called the Key Trilogy. It is a really good series made up of 3 books. Its a mystery, romance thriller. It was really good. Like James Patterson, some of Nora Roberts books have been made into TV movies. Though I haven't read any of the books that were made into movies, my mom swears that the books are much better.

Have you ever read anything by Tess Gerritsen? I have read one book by her and I could not put it down. It was called The Bone Garden. It is a good murder mystery thriller, but it is very graphic.

Side Note: Lisa Jackson is going to be putting out a third book in the Chosen to Die series. It is called Born to Die and is going to be released in August 2011.

03/10/2010 10:02 AM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I just finished The Lovely Bones thanks bits it was really good.

I am reading Dome by Stephen King. I love his books.

03/10/2010 11:20 AM
slamm311
slamm311  
VIP Member

Samb, Patterson is by far my FAVORITE author. Just amazing.

Right now I am reading the Order of The Phoenix. The fifth in the Harry Potter series. They are excellent!

Post edited by: slamm311, at: 03/10/2010 01:11 PM

03/10/2010 12:10 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

"Justice Of The Mountain Man" by William W. Johnstone.

03/10/2010 02:03 PM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I just started the (I think) 16th in the Rina Lazarus/Peter Decker mystery series by Faye Kellerman. It's called Blindman's Bluff. Y'all seem to like gory and serious thrillers more than I. But I still find plenty to read. And being homebound, I am lucky in that I live in a lovely small town w/ wonderful librarians who help in any way possible, the most important one being that they drop off and pick up books for me. Oh, they also never let me pay fines. I once owed a dime and had to fight w/ the librarian to take it. LOL

03/10/2010 02:09 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

Viv

I bet Cassie has alot of books you would like.

I am getting ready to read "The Thread That Runs So True"

I read it about 25 years ago and loved it.

I found it at the bookstore for a very cheap price and bought it.

Cassie has finished it, so I get to read it again.

I like Stephen King's books, too.

Viv, do you need more books?

03/10/2010 02:14 PM
steve571
steve571  
VIP Member

last book i read ..few pages left is by T.Lobsang Rampa - as it was.

03/10/2010 02:22 PM
jessakittyface
jessakittyface  

i am reading Inkspell, its a good book if you want to go to some far away land and never come back Smile

good for if you have parents who fight alot

03/10/2010 04:07 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Bits I still have some I haven't read yet but save me what you guys finish for when you come down. I like the last one you brought me. I am gonna start a new one tonight.

03/10/2010 09:27 PM
samb1988
samb1988  

Slamm, You are so on the right track with harry potter. I read all seven books and totally loved all of them. Though I do have to say my favorite book was the fourth: The Goblet of Fire. I am so geeked for the last two movies to come out. Though just like it was with the books, I think I will be a little sad after the last movie comes out because I know there won't be anymore Sad

Have you read the Twilight series at all? It is really good and I couldn't put the books down.

Also, if you are interested, there is a great series that I have been reading. I do admit though, it is supposed to be reading for tweens, but I still like the books. The series is called Percy Jackson and the Olympians. You might have heard of it since they just made the first book into a movie. But its about these demi god children who go on quests and have to face various obstacles. It is a nice little series that is also a fast read.

Post edited by: samb1988, at: 03/10/2010 09:29 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved