MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/23/2012 11:27 PM

Stop in to say HI , let us know how you are?(page 2)

Catfishes24
Catfishes24  

Hi I am Cat. Been a member of MDJ since 2011, briefly a co-GL for Asthma Group & Anxiety Group but I stepped down due to worsening health. Although I am getting sicker, I am trying to stay active on MDJ - it is my main connection to the outside world. My depression problems started around age 9-10, and I have had anxiety issues all my life. I crochet in self-defense: that's me over there in the corner with my hook going as fast as I can so I can tolerate being in a group.

I have had so much positive support & care here at MDJ. I may be physically getting worse, but I am getting so much strength from everyone here.

05/24/2012 03:35 AM
Zetsubou
Zetsubou  

Hey, all.

I'm Zetsubou, been here about a month, mostly active here and on the ADHD and Anxiety support groups.

I'm doing pretty average, could be better, could be worse. Thanks for asking!

05/24/2012 03:56 AM
catlover7731
catlover7731  

Hi everyone,

My name is Cheryl , I am more active on the agoraphobia group. I suffer from panic, depression and agoraphobia. Cheryl

05/24/2012 05:56 AM
Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

This is Great..I like when people come around to get together again,..I think your all wonderful to come by and say HI..

Were in this together,...so lets keep helping one another out..

Hugs to all, Patty

05/24/2012 07:05 AM
beth1954
beth1954  

Hi.....I'm Beth. I have had depression and anxiety that started in about 1973. I am 57 yrs old. The depression is chronic....anxiety and obsessiving worrying are almost constant too.

Lately I have noticed (for the last 6 mos. or so) I have NO energy. I don't want to do anything, I want to sleep alot, play mindless games on the computer, etc. I am having a really hard time at work concentrating and getting anything done at all. My 82 yr old mother who has one lung and is on oxygen 24/7 does more in a day than I do. Really pitiful. It makes me feel real guilty too. (She lives with me)

I have also gained alot of weight during this time. Not doing so good....

Welcome back Patty!

05/24/2012 08:25 AM
sammy137
sammy137  

Beth, lately I've been having a hard time getting myself to do productive things, too. It would be so easy for me to become totally reclusive and stay on the computer all day but I'm trying so hard not to. Not having a job at the moment is making me feel a bit worthless.

I've been making myself get out and go for a walk and cook and bake more..I'm trying to read again although sometimes my concentration isn't there. I'm trying so hard but it's such a struggle!!

05/24/2012 10:35 AM
Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

Hi Beth and Sammy..So glad your here..I too have that problem with concentration. I wonder if it is a side affect of our meds, or just a part of depression? I'm not sure..but I use to love to read books and its hard to get through the first chapter...not sure...

Peaceful hugs

Patty

05/24/2012 01:41 PM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

Hi Beth so glad to see you back here. Hi Sammy Welcome also. Yeah there's always pros and cons with medications. I really struggle too with lack of energy and motivation. I'm always tired and stressed and it takes alot of emotional energy out of me. Hoping I can get things together more in the summer. Rachele

05/24/2012 03:10 PM
Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

I still know we have more to come...so we will keep this thread going..I'd like to meet everyone, but...lol...i think that would be impossible...but come by anyway..Thank you for all that have so far..Hugs

Patty

05/25/2012 04:47 PM
Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

Laughing Laughing HI- Yes this Is the thread you got the Hug over...Like to Say HI!!! Hello...

FriendshipThanks 1

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved