MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/14/2012 01:48 PM

Just introucing myself.

catlover7731
catlover7731  

I am a SAHM of 1( 1 moved out all ready) and 2 cats and a hubby applying for SSDI. I suffer from panic attacks, agoraphobia and depression. The depression is coming somewhat from being stuck most of the time in the house. I am going crazy. Cheryl v.

05/18/2012 03:14 PM
Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

Welcome Cheryl To the Group!!!

I know that feeling of being stuck in the house..its very hard. But I'm thinking of joining the YMCA as soon as I can afford to. That will give me exercise and a sense of being somewhere constructive.

I get so tired of the house work, I can only be on my feet for 10 minutes..the pain from my RSD and OA is severe..but I know I need to keep going for my son and husband....

Cheryl come back to vent anytime..think I will put a vent thread up..it really helps other members to let it out!!

Welcome Again!!

Patty

05/20/2012 05:26 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

Hi Cheryl, Welcome to the group. I totally understand how you can be stuck in the house with anxiety and depression and it's really hard to get yourself to want to and be able to get out and do things. It takes baby steps to do things. I have to force myself some days to consider going out. I just try to suck it up and put my big girl panties on and give it a try. Sometimes being out makes my mood a little better. Welcome wishes. Rachele

05/21/2012 09:51 AM
sammy137
sammy137  

Hello. I'm very new here. I've always suffered from slight anxiety and depression at times in my life...I'm a very insecure person. But the past few months have been really hard for me. My anxiety spiraled out of control and caused me to quit my job. I thought it may help me to get better but instead has made me feel like a bit of a failure and useless now that I'm unemployed. The money situation is hard for me and my husband and it's my fault in alot of ways which makes me feel horrible. The thought of getting a new job causes me a ton of anxiety. it's been a bit of an emotional roller coaster lately.Sad

05/21/2012 11:25 AM
Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

Hi Sammy

Welcome to the group!! Dont blame yourself for depression and anxiety, its not anyones fault. Have you seen a therapist? I know they can't prescribe medicine. But maybe that all you need is some therapy. After the visit with the therapist, she would recommend you to a Dr. for meds if needed....but maybe she will treat you just with therapy.

If the money is short, look in your phone book for low income clinics, they really do help just as the others...

I'm glad you came here, we will support you in your decision either way....Gentle Hugs..Patty

05/21/2012 02:42 PM
sammy137
sammy137  

I am doing therapy...and I did a couple week group therapy as well that was actually very helpful. I'm not on medication currently because were trying to have a baby...so I'm trying to learn positive coping skills for me to try to use. I'm doing alot better most days but it's hard to change thinking patterns and habits I've been doing all my life in a short time.

05/21/2012 03:08 PM
Peace77
Peace77  
Group Leader

I'm happy to hear your group therapy is working for you. You have to try to look at the things you have and be thankful for what you DO have. Then the depression will ease up after time. Remind your OB/GYN that you have depression because when you do get pregnant your Hormones may go haywire on you.

When I got Pregnant with my son, my hormones were great..had energy happy all the time, and worked until 3 weeks before he said 'LET ME OUT ' LOL Thats how I felt, they had to take him c-section...no big deal , he was just in a hurry to see the world..LOL

I wish for you to be pregnant soon...it changes your whole outlook on life...its wonderful..

Hugs. Patty

05/21/2012 05:37 PM
sammy137
sammy137  

Thank you. I'm trying to remind myself of all the things I have in life to be thankful for...which are alot! And yea, my hormones go crazy every month so I can only imagine what might happen if I ever do have a child. I would love to be like you and have them work in reverse on me though. That would be great!!

If we have a kid, we'll be happy. Neither my husband or I have kids, and we're getting older and both on our 2nd marriage. But if we don 't, I'm ok with that too. We love animals and have 3 cat "babies." I'd hate to have a kid see their kid sad or insecure like me. I'd never want to pass this on to a child.

How are things with you at the moment??

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved