MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/18/2008 11:20 AM

Hi All.... New Here....

CJ082407

Hi,

I am 47 yrs old and mother of three beautiful and wonderful grown children, and now 5 beautiful and wonderful grandchildren.

I was diagnosed with Major Depression and Dysthymia 10 years ago. I believe that my depression goes further back to my teenage years, possibly childhood.

My counselor told me this year that I also have PSTD. I have mentioned on that forum in an introduction what occurred to trigger that.

I had to get a pacemaker last year after my heart rate dropped to 30. Subsequently, I was terminated from the job I loved and was very passionate about... Locomotive Engineer. There are electromagnetic fields on the locomotives and that can interfere with the pacemaker. Terminated since I couldn't do the job I was hired for. Two months later my divorce was final and I was terminated from my job.

Just a short note intro...

Thanks for reading...

CJ

09/18/2008 03:21 PM
jollyjoe
jollyjoe  
VIP Member

I`m so sorry to hear that all that came down on you at one time..I`m a trained professional chef and my BP keeps me from doing the job I love ..I can`t handle the stress and the pressure of the kitchen any more..But at home I still get to creat fab dishes..

09/18/2008 04:55 PM
mamanordy

Welcome to the board, both of you! CJ, I also have a pacemaker. Got it 5 yrs ago when my heart rate dipped into the 20s. I have advanced conduction system disease with 1st and 2nd degree AV block.

My depression got worse after I got it. I trace my depression way way back too!

It is nice to meet both of you!

09/18/2008 07:39 PM
CJ082407

Hi jollyjoe & mamaordy! ;D

Thank you for the welcoming.

jollyjoe, that's what I am trying to look for something not so stressful, something interesting, hmmmmmm, still looking.

I bet you make wonderful dishes!!! ;D

mamaordy, nice to meet you too ;D

Hugs...

CJ

09/18/2008 07:48 PM
jollyjoe
jollyjoe  
VIP Member

It was nice to here from you ..Hope to here more from you ..Good luck..

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved