MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/15/2011 10:22 AM

Hello-new to group(page 2)

patty777

Hi Angel

Welcome to the group...You can tell us whats going on in your life, so maybe we can help support you. We are all depressed, some very depressed , some not as bad. But we have been through it. If you would like to start a new discussion feel free to hit the button on the top right hand corner . You can tell us whats happening to bring you down that bad,...

You are here today, so that is good...let us know whats on you mind...

Caring Hugs

Patty

10/15/2011 01:36 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hello Angel my name is Viv and it is nice to meet you dear. If you ever want to start a new discussion go to the right top side and hit start a discussion. This will start you on a new board of your own not one that was back from 2010. But it is alright the way you came in the main thing is you made it here and it may take awhile to learn to navigate it all. I know it did for me. All of us here have Depression some worse than others but we all understand it.

So please feel free to keep posting with us and let us know what is going on and how you are doing. And if you need help getting around just tell us that is what we are all here for to help one another. Many Blessings!

Sorry I made a boo boo. I get numbers confused.Blush

Post edited by: mitzigirl, at: 10/16/2011 01:49 PM

10/15/2011 09:04 PM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Angel and welcome. What I think Viv is trying to tell you is that when you pick up an old thread (topic - took me forever to understand what 'thread' meant. I'll save you the confusion). often confuse people because some of those who posted are not around anymore, and when one reaches 149 years, she becomes especially confused. So let's all be kind to our wonderful Viv, who will help anyone in any way, and is the queen of MDJ, to deal w/ her excessive age and try to bring her back 99 years. I always say she'll outlive us all. LOL

Sorry, Viv, but I've been sleeping almost around the clock for the last few days. The pain is so great that all I want to do is eat enough not to starve (or lose my meds), drink enough to make sure my kidneys don't shut down again, and sleep. When I got up for meds I realized the computer was on. Then when I saw your 2110, and, as you know sadly too well, when in great pain, any laugh will do, I cracked up. Thanks my sweet baby sister. Hope you continue to move forward. You sounded better than you have in ages. And you are doing amazingly well for anyone who's lived to be 149 years old. You never cease to amaze me. Smile

Angel, I hope that we can give you the support you need. We're not usually quite as far gone as a dementia group. I hope that we can be of help to you. Just tell us what you need, from logistical help w/ the site - we've all been new and confused; so we understand - to how you feel and what we can do to help. This is a good, loving family; more loving and accepting of the fact that nobody is perfect than the ones so many of us came from - at least part of the reason we are on depression boards to begin w/. We are all human and don't expect our brothers and sisters to be w/o flaw. We do not judge; so feel free to post as you please, and be yourself.

Please tell us a bit about yourself, and we will give you as much support as we are able. I'm glad you've found us. And laughter brings out endorphins in our brains and makes us feel better; thanks Viv. I really needed that.

Angel I look forward to getting to know you. But not tonight. My meds will hit, and while we're bringing Viv back from 2110, y'all will be stuck trying to get me to understand that Lincoln is dead,and THAT war is long over. Please be kind and don't tell me about all the wars since then. My uncle used to say he skipped his second childhood and went right to his third. I think I've joined him - and I miss him every day of my life. He was an activist and a good cog in a wheel that began breaking down the walls of racism; but as much as he wanted to stop all racism and war, and dedicated his life to his causes, sadly he died a bit too soon to see a black president. Still, he died knowing he had done anything humanly possible to make the world a better place. He was also a great model for me. I've just started realizing that when I do certain things, they are all things Abe would have done.

During the voting rights campaign in the south Uncle Abe shared a night in a jail cell w/ Martin Luter King. In case you missed it, I adore my favorite uncle, and feel such pride at being his niece. He was as close as I had to a father since mine died when I was 3.

Seriously, Angel, playing around and nonsense can be very helpful. And I'm totally out of it; along w/ depression, my pain conditions have taken over since we seem to be going thru all four seasons and back for a couple of weeks. Not good for anybody w/ pain.

We really are here to help each other. I look forward to getting to know you. I hope we can give you the support you need. Note that I am famous (infamous?) for my novels. I didn't want anyone worried because I'd written none today. LOL

Warm welcoming wishes,

Sylvia

Post edited by: Sylvia4648, at: 10/15/2011 09:28 PM

10/17/2011 07:31 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

Pomiju, I think I would call my dr. if I had those feelings. Welcome to the group Angel.

02/14/2012 09:21 PM
bluemax77

I am new to this forum and really have nothing to offer, only that I have suffered from depression for years now and in reading the folks on here, I empathize and feel so hurt by all the pain and suffering here. Good luck to you all, may you find a way through the darkness. I count myself in that statement also...

Ron

02/15/2012 02:19 PM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
VIP Member

If you are having suicidal thoughts you need to call your doctor. I had them before and my doc tweaked my meds and the suicidal thoughts went away. I suffereed a 3 year long depression back in 1997 and thats when I finally accepted the fact that I was Bipolar and got help. It took awhile to get the right "cocktail" but we did it and I have not suffered a deep depressive episode since then.

02/18/2012 05:29 PM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

Welcome to the group bluemaxx. I'm sorry for your strugggles with depression. I too have been struggling with depression for years. It's not easy but I have vowed that no matter what I will not allow myself to sink or die from this disease. I will do whatever I can to get the help I need. If I don't find it, I will keep looking till I do find a way to make things better for myself and my life. I hope you can find it inside to do the same. Warm welcome wishes. Rachele

02/19/2012 08:21 AM
Rexkz
Rexkz  

bluemax77 How did you get to use a computer? Myself, I have taken so many courses and I just have dial up internet service. I do not own a cell phone, I have nobody to talk with alot. But anyway it does open up a whole world for us to explore and help us to stay away from depression.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved