MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/06/2009 08:44 AM

Start a Daily Goal, one Day at a Time

patty777

Hi My name is Patty. With the help of others Im beginning to feel a new lift in my spirit, I couldn't of done it without all your help. I thank you from my heart.

If you would like to join me, Im going to try to set one positive Goal for myself and hopefully achieve it. I will report later if I was able to do it and how it made me feel.

I hope all will join with me in positive Goals, wether it be excercise, writing a letter to someone, doing a chore, taking a well needed bubble bath or anything that makes you feel better.

One easy goal a day and on the way to a little relief of our depressed state and how it made you feel at the end of the day to succeed or not to and work harder the next day.

MY GOAL TODAY to walk one mile , I havent walked for sometime now and know this always has helped me before, hope I can do it.

Patty --Good luck with whatever your goal is--report it as this may be an incentive to accomplishment and then report how it made you feel either way--- Hope All Have some Goals

11/06/2009 11:15 AM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

THats Good Patty its always good for us to set goals even if we don't always acheive them.

My goal today is to bath 3 of my 7 cats!

11/06/2009 11:22 AM
patty777

WoW , Viv bathing three cats seems hard to me. I will be rooting for you. I have a 23 pound Maine Coone Cat and cant make that a goal for me LOL

Im getting ready to reach mine now-- hope I can make a full mile I use to do 3 some time ago every day.

Here I go !!!

11/06/2009 11:40 AM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

You go Patty I will be rooting for you..

Three is a chaellge but I will manage to get it done..

Go Patty Go Patty!!!

11/06/2009 12:17 PM
patty777

Oh My I DID IT !!! Took 30 min- use to take 10min LOL Dont care I made my goal.

I felt wonderful with the light breeze in my hair. I walked carefully at a beat and concentrated on the heat of the sun on me keeping me warm from the slight chill of the wind. Worked up a sweat, wow that felt great!!! I feel like I took a ton of worries off my mind. Thanks for being there with me in spirit.

Patty p. s. Hmmm When it gets cold I will have to do my stationary bike to music or a different goal everyday

11/06/2009 01:53 PM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Congratulations on achieving your goal Patty! I hope that you are proud of yourself - you deserve to be.

You're off to a good start and I know that you can keep it going.

Love,

Sylvia

11/06/2009 02:24 PM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

OK, Patty, my goal for today was to make an unpleasant phone call that I've been putting off, and I made the call.

Sylvia

11/06/2009 02:45 PM
patty777

See how easy that was. Now your feeling better its done and over with I hope. Thats the goal to make one day at a time count for something positive to make us more relived of our daily depressed state of mind. Or Am I just manic???? Never was DX'ed with that, just severe depression. I think thats enough though.

Im proud of you for making that call, you really didnt want to make.

Love ya

Patty

11/06/2009 02:58 PM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Thanks, Patty. Unfortunately the call has led to my having to write out, in detail, the entire story of my abuse at the hands of doctors and staff at 6 hospital over the last year. That is more than a day's goal. AARGH! But at least the state has agreed to redo the investigation and do a more complete job of it. We'll see. Again glad that you sound better.

Love,

Sylvia

11/06/2009 03:03 PM
patty777

One day at a Time

Thanks

Patty

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved