MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/02/2009 06:19 AM

Sharing things that depress you:

Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

I wanted to start a thread on this topic, not as a means to depress us but to allow us to vent, the situations in our lives that depress us. I believe talking about these things helps us. I think sharing our stories with others here too, lets us recieve support and know we are not alone in dealing with our struggles. So feel free to share or list things that depress you. It's important to know what those things are. I will open this up to all of you that would like to share.

My list is as follows:

1. being overwhelmed with daily life stressors

2. not having enought time for myself

3. the death of my mother

4. extended family struggles

5. not getting enough sleep

5B feeling like people don't care as much as I do

6. the horrible state the US is in and the many people suffering job loss and who knows what with

the new healthcare proposed bill,very disheartening.

Post edited by: Peace4Rach, at: 11/02/2009 06:21 AM

Post edited by: Peace4Rach, at: 11/03/2009 03:41 AM

11/02/2009 07:15 AM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Good topic Rachele

For me it would be:

Having so many health problems not getting over one thing until something else crops up.

The economy and knowing how many people are losing all the have because of it.

Being Alone most of the time.

Having MRSA and Knowing it is so contagious and I might could spread it.

Doctors and Hospital acting like MRSA is no big deal.

Extended family that doesn't care like I do.

11/02/2009 07:22 AM
SCarlson

Feeling overwelmed. Like I can't handle my daily life

feeling like others don't care for me as much as I care for them.

Being needed all the time by everyone. I feel like there isn't enough energy for myself because I have to give it to everyone else.

Stress.

11/02/2009 05:53 PM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

Yeah me too, that feeling of being overwlemed. Caring so much for others and some don't even appreciate it. I don't mean here but in my life around me and my workplace: I give and few say thankyou for the help. I wish I could detach a little so it wouldn't hurt so much. There isn't much energy left for me or my own family either. I feel bad about it, truely.

11/02/2009 05:54 PM
steve571
steve571  
VIP Member

well lets see here ,usually starts with a song in my head that will remind me off the bad past ive had and it will go from there or just remembring the past in genral throw me into depresion that i cant shake,tho i havent been to bad latley really i just make it seem like it ...that an all the deaths in my fammily an freinds in past 10 years---all most everyone i know i start think about that......

11/02/2009 06:06 PM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

Well, I know about death and loss Steve, but just my mom and that hurts bad enough and depresses me so. I too listen to songs that make me think of mom and cry. I try not to let it depress my entire day, although there are some days are downright rough. I know people say this all the time, at least to me they did. That your loved one wouldn't want you to be so depressed like this forever. I know it's true. The meds help and the rest I have to push myself and not allow the negative thoughts to control me all day.

11/02/2009 07:03 PM
naddya819
naddya819  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

The way that people think that you look healthy, nothing appears to be wrong with you, so you must be healthy. Or that they "forget" you are sick.

11/02/2009 07:07 PM
Kittyn1971
Kittyn1971  

*Having my heart stepped all over.

*Being alone.

*My health.

*Miserable people.

11/02/2009 07:54 PM
vickiem1124
vickiem1124  
VIP Member

peace 4 rach 1, 3,4 and both 5's on your list

11/03/2009 03:55 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

Yeah Vickie, those are big ones for me and some others too. Lately, not being appreciated for things I do and give to some. Trying not to let it rule me. Maybe that's why I take time to trust people before getting close.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved