MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/27/2009 03:17 PM

Voices...

AngelLoves
AngelLoves  

As of the past few days, when I would go lay down, to go read, I would start hearing voices in my head, telling me that I need to hurt myself, that I deserve pain, that its what I deserve for letting my mother die. This is kind of creeping me out a bit, I am not sure what to do...anyone ever experience this before?

09/27/2009 03:32 PM
redbatgirl
redbatgirl  

Omg i totally know and understand what ur talking about, it happens to me also. i wrote about it today. For me, the worse thing about it is not knowing how to stop it. U are not alone i experience this a lot, if u ever wanna talk i am here for u.

09/27/2009 06:10 PM
benf
benf  
I'm an Advocate

maybe Im not going crazy after all, I dident know if others had the same problem, I was afraid to say anything because I dident know if people thought i was totally nuts or not.i think its out subconciaous

mind telling us about something or a feel of quilt.or I pray thats all it is. I suffered for a long time hearing my dead wife calling me alot and my daughter had the same problem.

09/28/2009 07:00 AM
dontcare
dontcare  

I've on occasion heard things from a source thats not there. In my head I have thoughts or voices cant really distinguish which and lots of times they have different accents or distinct ways of speaking. When I have the fan on I can faintly hear what seems to be a radio station. I turn the fan off and the noise goes away. There's no radio on here or at neighbors. Then lots of times I'll have dreams completely in French. I did take french in high school but I only know words a no way fluent. I've never told anyone this. Its been going on so long I thought it was just me. The strangest thing is when I'm playing Zuma, I have a different voice in my head for each level. Ok lock me up! Ha!

09/28/2009 09:47 AM
benf
benf  
I'm an Advocate

For awhile I thought the voices where demons trying to attack me,

My apt seems to be haunted at times.

09/28/2009 09:58 AM
dontcare
dontcare  

That has crossed my mind. Especially with my religious upbringing. the last time I heard an audible voice outside of myself was I was doing dishes and I heard a mans voice say hello. I responded with hello and turned off the water dried my hands and went to the door to see who was there. No one. The tv wasnt on or the radio. The dogs were all asleep and the bird doesnt talk. Freaky. Nothing seems ominous or threatening yet but I do sometimes wonder if I'm crazier than I think

09/28/2009 10:13 AM
LaraJean

Wow, Teri, the part about the fan sounding like a radio station? I have that. I don't hear voices per se, but I have the fan on every night for my dogs & when I'm like half asleep I swear I can hear someone talking like on a radio.

09/28/2009 10:15 AM
LaraJean

LOL, Teri, I also play Zuma, or I did for a long time until I got too good at it & got bored. Now I play Luxor, but I see there's a new Zuma version out?

09/28/2009 10:19 AM
LaraJean

Ben, this is too much to go into detail here, but I'm from the Cleveland area, the woman that the show "The Ghost Whisperer" is based on, Mary Ann Winkowski (I think that's how she spells her name, I actually met her at a book signing).

She can see spirits that haven't crossed over yes. She has a web site & I've read several of her books. I really believe her.

but what I was getting at, she can actually tell, by talking to you on the phone, whether or not you have a ghost/spirit in your house.

The way she describes it in her book & website, if there is a spirit in your house, when she's talking to you on the phone, she will be able to describe to you, in complete detail, what the inside of your house looks like, furniture, everything. But if there is no spirit present, she doesn't see anything.

I find all of that fascinating. my cousin told me about her at my Grandma's funeral five years ago. A lot of what my cousin told me I found very soothing. I can give you more info on her if you're interested, xo LJ

09/28/2009 10:19 AM
dontcare
dontcare  

Yea!!!??? Thats so weird. I have to sleep with a fan on and yea I can hear it enough to tell when its talk or music but not enough to be able to say what the song is or what they're saying. Its only with the fan too. I wonder what causes that? Lets post it and see if anyone else has this too.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved