MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/08/2009 03:33 AM

Sleeping all day to escape "reality"(page 2)

haroldnmaude422
haroldnmaude422Posts: 1

i have agoraphobia too...i sleep all the time to escape reality..in fact i never get out of bed. how i avoid bed sores is a mystery. some days i can sleep for 24 hours...minutes minus for pee breaks. some days its comforting to sleep during the day..it feels safer..a side affect of childhood sexual abuse i think..of course the sunshine makes me happy..so when im feeling better i try to get up with the sun...at the moment im not feeling better. so im screwed.the bed is so safe ..curled under the covers..clenched up like a pill bug..trying to fast forward life..loving it and hating it all at the same time. i am wasting my life, but in truth i dont feel i have one anyway. plus i love dreaming...i have vivid dreams..a few a night..it feels sometimes like an alternate universe...and waking often crushes me.staying in bed all the time is no way to get better..not for my agoraphobia and not for my depression..im not stupid, i know this...but its so scary to leave the saftey.

09/08/2009 07:43 AM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Welcome HaroldnMaude to our depression group..I am Viv and we have alot of wonderful people here..I am glad your with us..

Seeing you post means you accomplished one thing it means that you got up and used the computer..Maybe this group will help some if you can get up and post each day..That will get you not sleeping for a while..

Are you in any type of treatment for this? Or taking any medicines to help you out with this..I know there are a lot of things out here now that can be done..Feel free to jump in and talk and we will with you too..It's always nice to meet someone new..We are like a big family here..Blessings be with you!

09/16/2009 03:21 AM
missamelie

me too...i am up all night and then can sleep when the sun rises. i haven't thought of that way but it makes sense. i feel 'safer' sleeping during the day for some odd reason?! i TRY to go to bed at a decent hour but i just lay there and stare at ceiling! i only get a tad tired around 4-5am! i never had this problem before...i used to work from 7am-5pm and went to bed at 9pm but i feels like that was ten life times ago!! i would LOVE to sleep during the night but it's just impossible for me right now..i have tried almost everything i can think of! it seems to be getting worse also. any ideas anyone???? thinking of you all fondly...amy

09/16/2009 05:38 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

How interesting Amy, you mention you feel safer sleeping during the day. I have been thinking alot because I have had insomnia all my life and I think, I don't feel safe or relaxed at night at all, never have but it's worse past few years and affecting my life greatly. I can't seem to get to bed a decent hour, awake in the wee hours, fall back asleep a while to awaken at before 7 and take kids to school. But I come home at go to sleep during the day. I feel like half a person and it stinks! Meds, only work so much the rest is up to us some how to figure out, I hope.

09/22/2009 10:26 PM
crazyxbeautiful21
crazyxbeautiful21Posts: 27

i can definitely relate to going to bed early, sleeping in until 2 pm.. it just got so lonely and i wasn't doing anything with my life.. then i signed up for college, big mistake.. i have social phobia, and depression.. so its a double wammy. its such a struggle to get up at 9 to go to classes, not knowing if i will have a panic attack or not. i miss staying up all night and just being relaxed

09/23/2009 06:00 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

I think I'm gonna resort to this method. The reality sickens me and I think I'm just gonna sleep through it all, until I have to get my 2 kids. There all I want to live for.

09/23/2009 07:15 AM
morhope2
morhope2  

With depression, you want to sleep all the time anyway. I think we end up wanting to sleep during the day cause then we isolate ourselves even more since most people are up during the daytime. My doctor recommended forcing yourself to get up in the morning, do some exercise early enough in the day that it doesn't keep you more awake but hopefully helps to tire you out. Trying to get into a bedtime routine, possibly a warm bath or reading. It's also recommended to NOT have TV or computer in the bedroom or at least make sure they are off. When you are trying to go to sleep, try taking 3 big cleansing breathes. Then try to picture yourself in a calming place like a beach or hammock. Just keep trying to picture it and even if you don't fall asleep if should at least relax you. Hope this helps someone.

09/23/2009 08:24 AM
TiredLina
TiredLinaPosts: 12

After Ive slept in the day, I struggle to sleep at night. Often getting myself worked up to a panic attack or two. All went well while I was on depression meds, (kicked them out the door 6 weeks ago, thought that Id be fine - big mistake). All the bad things are coming back now, since yesterday I've been feeling terrible/hopeless/scared/detached from reality. Wanting to cry all da time. Dont know whats wrong with me. Surely this cant be normal depression??

09/23/2009 08:26 AM
TiredLina
TiredLinaPosts: 12

I feel so separated from God. Feels like my soul is in termoil

09/23/2009 03:41 PM
AngelLoves
AngelLoves  

I have a habit of doing that too...

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved