MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/30/2009 10:18 PM

Just another story...

nk1982
nk1982  

I didn't think I was depressed...until I went to the doctor for reocurring panic attacks. He had me fill out a questionairre which apparently says I'm severly depressed...huh, go figure.

Well anyways, just a lot of crap going on in my life. Went through 3 years of misery in a horrible marriage, now going through a nasty divorce, a custody battle and problems at work.

Just looking for some people to talk to. It helps to vent about about all of it.

08/31/2009 04:35 AM
iva

Well NK welcome to the group. There are alot of very supportive people here, who deal with depression every day in many different ways. My name is Iva, I am 35 years old, I have 2 daughters, 9 (almost 10) and 14. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Nov '08, underwent masectomy in Dec '08, and have other ailments diagnosed along the way, including a dvt (blood clot) in my right arm. I have also been faced with 2 different major crisis in my life, besides health in the past year. I had to go back on medical leave on 8-14 due to side effects of one of my medications and other symptoms. But I didn't just stop living, I start college today. I figure if I can't do what I use to do I might as well find a career that I can do. Well that is a little about me and I look forward to getting to know u better, and helping each other through our down times, as well as the good times.

God Bless and Best Wishes,

Iva

08/31/2009 03:46 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the group NK we are happy to have you with us..You will find many very supportive people here..

Sometimes it is hard to know with so much going on what is up and doctors do make mistakes with diagnoises so if your not happy with it get checked by someone else..

Feel free to come here and vent or share..Thats what we are here for...Blessings be with you!

09/01/2009 05:31 AM
Nothing

Welcome to the group, Like you, I didn't know I was depressed, my mother had taken me to go see a therapist to get help with anxiety, and he diagnosed me with Clinical Depression, and PTSD. I hope this group helps you. We are here fro you.

HUGS. xxxx

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved