MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/08/2009 10:59 PM

Talked to Mom today.

Gemma06
Gemma06Posts: 285

Tonight, just before heading off to bed, I told my Mom that I'm not doing so great and that I need to see my therapist sooner than two weeks. She asked me a ton of questions that I could not answer and went to bed very worried and anxious. I feel awful but I guess it's good that she knows. I'm supposed to be baby-sitting again tomorrow night but now she is all worried and not sure if I can handle it.

05/08/2009 11:26 PM
grams2

Gemma you did the right thing by talking to her. We as parnts tend to se more of what we hope then th reality of the situation. I suffer from a lot of the same things my daughter does and I should know better, but I still get blind sided by her some times.

Does your mother ever go with you to the counseling sessions?

I am so proud of you for letting her know you need it more often. That is HUGE if you don't realize it!!! Hug yourself from me!That is great progress.

05/08/2009 11:56 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Gemma,

I am really proud of you..I am happy you let you parents know how you are and that you feel you need to have your thearpy sooner.

I know it was hard and probably left you anxious and upset but you did make the right decision with this..You hang in there Gemma they now know how serious it is.

05/09/2009 01:38 AM
BluShifted
BluShifted  

I'm glad to hear you spoke up like that Gemma! That's a step in the right direction.

Wish I could do that. A friend reached out to me today and I just brushed it away, out of habit. I'm not used to asking for help or talking to people about my depression. *sigh*

05/09/2009 02:09 AM
grams2

Blu, hello there. I find that sometimes I don't talk about my depression, but about the outer lying causes of my mood that particular moment. And once the conversation starts, it usually is very helpful. At least some times. Most of my friends know better then to do the "the sun will come out tomorrow" routine. They have all been on the receiving end of my "There is no tomorrow!" rants! But it is always good to at least KNOW there is someone there that cares.

Gemma, you are getting all kinds of huggins tonight!!!

05/09/2009 01:01 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

BluShifted,

It is hard to talk about and it is easier to brush someone away but you know a real friend will be right back to try again..

A real friend knows it is hard but yet will be there when you are ready to talk about it and will wait no matter if they are brushed aside..They still will truely care and come back again to see if you are ready this time..

After all these years it is hard for me to talk about it too but I am always thankful when people at least try to reach out to me and you are good at that...

05/09/2009 03:30 PM
Gemma06
Gemma06Posts: 285

Thanks everyone. It was hard but totally worth it.. I think. I'm actually starting to think I may be bipolar but I'm not really sure if it just seems that way because of the Prozac. It does really mess with everything. I'm probably going to talk to my shrink about it at my next appt. and see what he thinks.

Hugs all around!! Smile

Gemma

Post edited by: Gemma06, at: 05/09/2009 03:30 PM

05/09/2009 04:42 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Gemma,

I am so proud that you talked to your mom and it worked out good. It is good that your mom and you are on the same page now..

Yes definaently talk to your therapist and see if he agrees about your theory that you might be bi-polar...He sould be able to help you figure that one out..Take care of yourself and still feel free to come and talk with us..Hugs to You Hun..!!

05/09/2009 08:23 PM
grams2

Viv, you are probably the truest person I have ever had the grace and pleasure of knowing. I was praying for an answer when I first came on these forums (you remember)and the angels put you in my path! I thank them every day!!!

Judy

05/09/2009 09:17 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Thanks Judy,

I don't bleive in accidents I firmly think God put me and you together for a reason....and I am thankful for you each and everyday too..When I stumbled on MDJ that night I knew then that God wanted me here..I get as much back as I give out.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved