MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/16/2012 09:22 AM

There is always hope!

AsianGoddess

There is always hope.

Last weekend was scary and terrible things happened beyond human control and science. The huge bad storms and tornados swept through the mid-west from Oklahoma and I think all the way to Salina. Oaklawn is demolished and there is no power. East Wichita found itself in the eye of the storm and two tornados. One hit the turnpike and I-135 and the other hit Kellogg and Hillside. I live near Kellogg and Hillside. The tornado hit one block away from my house. I was taking cover under a friend's basement under the stairs where the other tornado was about two blocks away.

Nobody prays for terrible things to happen to people. At least, I hope that is the case. Nobody could have done something so terrible and horrible that a bad storm and tornados appear out of nowhere. Science understands how storms and tornados are formed, but it cannot control it, stop it or diffuse it. It can only make estimate predictions based on humidity, weather conditions, radar so they can warn people to take shelter.

I don't know if it's a God/or Gods. If it's collective consciousness or Good Karma. If it's prayers. If it's the Universe, Energy, the Force, Mother Earth. But Something or Someone had to be watching over Kansas this weekend because the probability of high casualties and damage was high yet it did not happen. More homes were spared. Not one soul was lost. It is a miracle! Science can't explain it, that's for sure.

There is always hope! I am so grateful to be able to breathe Monday morning. To embrace my family with hugs and kisses. To feed my dogs. I'm grateful to wake up in my house. I'm happy the storms and the tornados did not uproot all the plants I just planted. Heck! I'm even happy and thankful I can do household chores today.

A grateful heart, being thankful and appreciating the "small" good and positive things in life is the best way to beat depression and put it in its place.

There is always hope!

04/16/2012 11:59 AM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi and glad you were not hurt and there was not more damage. I was thru a few in Cincinnati, Dallas, while visiting my bro in Georgia,and other places I've been. In one the roof blew off my mother's apartment house but damaged only the top floor. In Dallas I watched one on tv that was touched down - right on the road in the area I knew my then husband was. The hit was during rush hour. He was good when he was good, and the second he could move the car he found a place w/ a phone and called to tell me he was ok and I could let out my breath. I had to get thru that w/o upsetting the kids.

Glad you're feeling so good.

Peace,

Sylvia

04/17/2012 06:24 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I am so thankful that you were not hurt or got damaged. Of course I believe God had his hand on everyone during this terrible thing and I am thankful you and yours are alright.

04/18/2012 09:37 AM
AsianGoddess

Thank you for your kind and supportive words.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved