MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/23/2012 08:09 AM

LET'S HAVE FUN!

Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi all, it seems that so many of us have such serious things going on that we forget to laugh. Laughter, among other things, releases endorphins. Our natural pain fighters.

The game is easy, and I'd guess many or all of you have played it at some time. I will start by putting up a geographical place. Can be a ciy, river, mountain, some place in the desert, and they can be all over the world.

First Post: Truth or Consequences, New Mexico

The next player must put up a place beginning in 'O'

I'm off to bed before my aide comes. Didn't sleep last few nights.

If you have any questions, post them in a posting spot on the game, and you're back.

I hope we'll end up feeling better.

HAVE FUN!! AnD REMEMBER THAT NO LAW SAYS DEPRESSIVE PEOPLE CANNOT PLAY OR LAUGH. WHAT A BUBBE MEISE,

Sylvia

03/23/2012 10:30 AM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
VIP Member

Ontario

03/23/2012 11:06 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

Pleasantville, not sure it's a place but sounds like a place I'd like to be.

03/23/2012 08:02 PM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hey Rach, this is for fun, so we can bend the rules if we like. I don't know if that is a place anyway, but unless anyone disagrees, I say we'll take it - even if you did leave me w/ an E. Smile

Rach, just looking thru the posts. The place was ok even if we never heard of it, but you had on O, not a P. W00t Never figured how to correct errors in this game w/o going back to the last posts after the error and taking them all out. If nobody complains, I say we hit Rach w/ a wet noodle and keep going. Rach, I think you probably saw the O and were thinking you had to do the next letter after O - which at this hour of the day makes perfect sense.

Next:

Evansville

Hey all, I just put Pleasantville in the weather channel spot because if you don't put a state, they offer all choices. I couldn't see all of them, but there's one in NEW JERSEY! IA,etc.

Post edited by: Sylvia4648, at: 03/24/2012 04:35 AM

03/24/2012 01:15 AM
Catfishes24
Catfishes24  

Since Sylvia did E, I guess next is Enigma, a wee town in Georgia. Hope I am playing right.

03/24/2012 03:49 AM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You're doing fine, Cat. Hope you enjoy playing.

Next: Australia

I forgot to say anyone can post more than once, but not right after him/herself. I.e., I cannot now come up w/ another A and post it. Hope that's clear.

Sylvia

Post edited by: Sylvia4648, at: 03/24/2012 04:01 AM

03/25/2012 02:20 AM
Catfishes24
Catfishes24  

Well since Sylvia played again, I will too. Alapaha River, Georgia/Florida. Stretches from GA down to FL.

Pronounced "ah LAP ah ha." So the locals won't laugh when you try to pronounce it. Smile

Can't seem to get away from states that end in "a."

03/25/2012 08:26 AM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hey Cat, the notes w/my responses are the rules or methods or something and I clarify the questions y'all ask. So they can be helpful. Re posting more than once, we can post as much as we want as long as there's been another post in between. I.e., we can't respond to ourselves. Hope that helps. I want you to have fun - it's more important than rules, but thanks for asking.

I'm not upset in any way. It's a game to have fun and we're not perfect. If you read the notes w/ my posts, they have to do w/ clarifying the game. Look what Rachele did in one of the early posts. (Sorry Rach, can't resist - one year she started the new year's thread and got the year wrong. It was really funny and brought out more endorphines than if she hadn't erred, and Rach laughed too. I adore you

Rach. Not insulting you. Promise.) It's important to be able to laugh at ourselves, not doing so can be from depression also.

We're not playing for any reason than to have fun. Often those w/ depression had no real childhood. Not everyone, but it's not uncommon. I had a button that said: 'It's never too late to have a happy childhood.' As I said, we've gotten to be like a funeral home, and I thought some thing fun to go w/ all the bad news would be a good idea. Remember, the depressed can laugh, and I think we tend to forget that. We also, believe it or not, forget to breathe. We tend to take short breaths rather than the deep to the tummy breaths; hold them for a few seconds before exhaling. In thru your nose and out from your mouth for about 5-10 minutes is often very calming.

I've not slept the whole night. The next person gets your 'A', and I'll be back this evening. My human anti-D is coming today and I'm excited. I want to be awake to spend time w/ her.

Just enjoy the game, sweetie, we're not playing for money and we won't give you a time out for any error. A rule for my life about 25 years ago, that has helped me and is now automatic: unless you (as in everyone)kill someone, there's no mistake that can't be corrected in some way. Learning that (I actually created it) changed me a lot. I wasn't so afaid to try new things 'cause I'm too weak to kill anyone. LOL I'll be back this evening, hopefully in my usual post-Eirene high. A little one is like a drug to me. I can't be around a baby or young child and feel depressed, so her visits are my only break. And she's a doll. I hope to put up the new pix when she's here. The first time she came here she was 18 months old. I put out my arms and she ran over, climbed into my lap, gave me a hug, turned my head w/ her tiny hand and gave me a kiss, put her head on my shoulder and went to sleep. It was as if she was saying her work here was finished, and it wore her out. LOL But sometimes she can't come for months. Still every single visit she'd run into my arms and climbed up. The only diff is she's 3 and amazingly bright. She only went to sleep the first time, and then for about 10 minutes. Right at the kiss my aide called from the kitchen that her sister said she wasn't warming up to people quickly. I told her to come in the LR and repeat that. Smile

I love her. And we do talk on the phone between visits. She is so much like me, my daughter, and my oldest granddaughter at the same age. Real stinkers! But a kid has to be bringt to make it as a stinker. Helps them dream up the things they do. You know, the ones where they deserve a long time out but you can't help laughing?

One piece of advice for parents of young kids, if you don't know, time out should coincide w/ age - i.e., a 1 year old has a 1 minute time out; 2 year olds, 2 minutes, etc. Their memories are shorter the younger they are, and they can't understand the idea if it's longer than they can remember what they did.

Off to sleep. Catch y'all later.

Thanks for playing w/ us Cat, and you are doing fine. Promise. The purpose of the game is to enjoy ourselves, not beat ourselvss up for errors.

Warm regards,

Sylvia

03/25/2012 12:53 PM
Catfishes24
Catfishes24  

Thanks Sylvia! Who knows - we might learn something while having a little fun!

03/27/2012 08:58 AM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

If we consider the last post to end in R, not A, we'll be out of A's for the moment, but fair warning, it's really easy to get stuck in A's 'til the cows come home. LOL

Raleigh

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved