MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/22/2011 08:21 PM

I dont know what to do any more.

BrianG50
BrianG50  

dont know what to do any more.

I feel so alone in this world.

I am doing a job that I have absolutely no interest in. We are expected to sit at a desk and audit work that has been done by other people. We have to listen to telephone conversations people have had with clients and check their e-mails to see if they have acted accordingly. This is so boring and I hate it. It seems so pointless to me and also seems thankless. Nothing gets said if we do pick up an error. If we miss something then it feels like the end of the world. They complain constantly that we are not working fast enough and are not checking enough transactions. This job is not for me.

11/23/2011 04:58 AM
Justme2000

I can relate to this; my job is soul crushing. It makes me feel so worthless. My boss is terribly cruel and I've let it go so many times that I'm now believing the b.s. I don't feel worthy of trying for another job somewhere else. I'm sitting here in my office at 5AM and dreading the arrival of the employees. Nothing I do is ever "right" even tho I know it is. I don't question my judgment on my workload but I am badgered all the time by this man.

11/23/2011 10:09 AM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

I am sorry you both have such disappointing jobs. I wish it were different.

Once, a long time ago, my math professer, told me IF I love what I am doing, then it will never seem like a job.

Have you asked yourself what it is you really enjoy doing? What grabs your interest and holds on? What fufills you?

Is there a way you can? Such as training, schooling? If it doesn't pay as well as current jobs, could you downsize your possesions? If it pays more, well, that's an extra bonus.

I wish you all the luck, in the world, in helping your situations.

Hugs

Hugs

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved