MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/25/2011 09:34 PM

Depression comes and goes.

NeonKitty
NeonKitty  

I'm not sure why - The doctors say I have chronic depression. I guess that why it comes and goes so often. They put me on welbutrin 100mg a day I don't think its working. I laugh a lot while i am on it but depression always sneaks back in. I'm feeling a bit depressed tonight. No aparent reason why. Maybe I just need to get out of the house for a while. Anyone on here with chronic depression that has a methoid that works for them?

08/26/2011 02:44 AM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Kitty, I also have severe chronic depression. I'm sorry I can't be much help because I can take almost no meds made for any reason, and my body particularly hates any psychoropic meds. I've been thru a lot of medical crises in the lsst 18 years, and a couple of years ago my kidneys shut down - which can cause one's mind to travel. I didn't know about the renal thing, but I swear I was on Mars for 3 weeks - oh, Mars was after I was by Obama's side when he got the final returns. Turned out when I called my cousin to tell her that, the elections hadn't taken place. What did I know? My mind was dead, and I'd sent in my ballot. I'd no idea that I was alive during that time. The aftermath of this has stripped me of any reason to live. And everything that happened was due to sheer lying,incompetence, total lack of care, which was pretty much thenorm in a mental institution. Your IQ suddently goes down to about 50 so the patients can't think of being adults. The staffs of 6 hospitals misdiagnosed me w/ so many things I donot have that I came w/in a day or two of dying - 3 times - when my subconscious mind simply refused all meds. I am finally able to at least glance thru the 2000 or so pages of records. I look for key words. I was totally, humiliated, abused, treated w/ no compassion or anything helpful in the medical hospital. There is, btw,evidence that both staffs were trying to kill me. My doc and I just don't know why.

I am not a doctor, but what you are describing sounds like it could be bipolar, not just depression. You might want to discuss that w/ your doctor. Also, I've no idea of how long you've taken the wellbutrin, but all of these meds take from 2-8 weeks to reach their peak in one's system. So if you've just started them, you might want to try them for a while longer. If you've been taking it for a long while, and it worked in the beginning, you may be having a common thing - you could have become immune to the benefits of that drug and need a higher dose or a new med. I think half the threads in the group have something to do w/ meds that aren't doing what hey should. If you've taken the wellbutrin long enough to see it isn't helping, tell your doctor how you feel. I know from reading these boards that the meds are often a case of trial and error. You are definitely not alone or unique w/ anything you've said.

Please let us know how you're doing. We care about every one of our 2514 members, even if msny of them don't post often. Good luck!

Warm welcoming wishes,

Sylvia

08/26/2011 12:21 PM
Idagd

I'm taking cymbalta, since about a year back, and that medicine works for me, I tried some others before, so you might talk to your doctor about trying an other sort of medicine... other than that, when depression tends to creap up on me I try to do something I enjoy, like read a book, or watch a nice movie, or talk to friends, mostly online, but sometimes I meet them as well... Company is often a good solution for me, or just doing something that gets you fully concentrated on something else than on your feelings.. it doesn't work all of the time, but mostly...

hope you feel better soon!

take care!

xoxo

08/27/2011 07:11 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

Welcome to the group Kitty. I have chronic depression. It means your depression comes back not just one epsisode. Mine usually starts in September October peaks the worst every year in January. Been on a couple antidepressants in 13 years. I like the current one I'm taking Pristiq. I also supplement with Vitamin D as I'm deficient in. I cope also by relying on support from friends or family and groups here. I do like to get out of house when really depressed as it can make me feel worse. Warm welcome hugs. Share anytime. Rachele

08/29/2011 01:32 AM
NeonKitty
NeonKitty  

Ty for the replys

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved