MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/11/2011 08:40 AM

Trashed

Rexkz
Rexkz  

Hi, Yes, at week 4 I got my trash and recyclables together in the afternoon and brought them to the top of the driveway, I even picked up the litter in the street around where I live. So, when I got home in the evening I just moved everything about 20 or 30 feet to the edge of the curb. It is 11;15 am now and my trash is gone. I know with my ongoing depression even though I take a anti-depressant the summer weather and season has just done alot to leave me without energy to get things done. I am so glad this group is here; it helped me to push myself some when I needed contact with someone to hear of my simple problems.

08/11/2011 01:55 PM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hey there, we like to hear good news. I hope that you are proud yourself for getting this done. It may not be the world's most difficult problem, but anything can become a huge issue when we are depressed, and forcing ourselves to take care of thing is often difficult. I don't even know you and I'm proud of you. I've found that most of the time when I can make myself do a little bit, the next bit becomes easier and after ahwile I no longer have to think before speaking. I go thru periods of depressinal paralysis when I can't make myself do anything at all. One example: I get (thank the goddess) a lot of benefits from the county, state and federal governments, and I generally do not even think about filling in my forms until a day or two before the deadline for each.So far I've managed to get things done, and even in school, I did my best work by letting it all wait until it was due and then, if necessary, write out exactly what has to be done and when, and I do not look at what I've come up w/ consciously, but the subliminal message is wherever you put up what you've written.

Keep up the progres! And thanks for sharing it w/ us.

Peace,

Sylvia

08/11/2011 04:29 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Rexkz that is great that you were able to do that. With Depression sometimes it is so hard to get motivated to do things. Taking it one step at a time surely does help and this sounds like a great first step for you. Congradulations!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved